inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Actress-turned-teacher Nina Foch dies

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/08 at 10:19 am

Actress-turned-teacher Nina Foch dies

Hollywood actress turned drama teacher Nina Foch has passed away at the age of 84, her son has announced.

Foch, who appeared in Spartacus and An American in Paris and received an Oscar nomination for 1954's Executive Suite, died in Los Angeles last week.

Born in the Netherlands in 1924, the statuesque blonde never achieved star status and became a respected teacher in later life.

Her last appearance came in an episode of police drama The Closer last year.

A former concert pianist and painter, Foch made her film debut in 1943's Wagon Wheels West.

'Hundreds of children'

Her Hollywood career included stints as an assistant director on such films as The Diary of Anne Frank.

Foch - whose first husband was James Lipton, host of the US TV show Inside the Actors Studio - taught at the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts for 40 years.

"I love them and they love me," she once said of her students. "I have one son, but I really don't - I have hundreds of children."

According to her son, Dr Dirk De Brito, she died on Friday at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center of complications from the blood disorder myelodysplasia.

Subject: Re: Actress-turned-teacher Nina Foch dies

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/08/08 at 10:50 am

She lived a very long and happy life.  She's an example of living life beyond the limelight.  RIP Nina.  Hope people heed your example.

Subject: Re: Actress-turned-teacher Nina Foch dies

Written By: danootaandme on 12/08/08 at 11:42 am

I liked Nina Foch a lot.  RIP  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...