inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Van Johnson,actor,dancer dies at age 92.

Written By: ninny on 12/13/08 at 11:16 am

Van Johnson,who has done several movies since the 1940's including The Caine Mutiny, Brigadoon,Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo passed away Dec 12 at the age of 92 RIP. :\'(

Subject: Re: Van Johnson,actor,dancer dies at age 92.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/13/08 at 11:20 am

He was also in Yours, Mine and Ours, one of my all time favorite movies.

Rest in peace, Mr Johnson. :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/13/08 at 12:04 pm

I'm sorry to hear Van's gone  :\'(  even though he's been around for so long, the work I remember him best from was Brigadoon with Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse.  In this film he is quite cynical but very funny, & the man could dance & sing too. here's a clip of Van & Gene dancing with the men in the mythical village of Brigadoon. for anyone not familiar, he's the big guy with the coat & hat. he's my favorite character in this movie, by far.      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJPmW2LYhDo&feature=related

Written By: gibbo on 12/13/08 at 5:10 pm

I'm sorry to hear Van's gone  :\'(  even though he's been around for so long, the work I remember him best from was Brigadoon with Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse.  In this film he is quite cynical but very funny, & the man could dance & sing too. here's a clip of Van & Gene dancing with the men in the mythical village of Brigadoon. for anyone not familiar, he's the big guy with the coat & hat. he's my favorite character in this movie, by far.      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJPmW2LYhDo&feature=related

That movie is one of my 'guilty pleasures'...  I also liked The Caine Mutiny, Two Girls and a Sailor and The Last Time I Saw Paris.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/08 at 5:16 pm

He was also in the movie "Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows"

RIP Van :\'(

Written By: gibbo on 12/13/08 at 5:32 pm

He made 81 movies... :o

Written By: ninny on 12/14/08 at 7:45 am

He was also in Yours, Mine and Ours, one of my all time favorite movies.

Rest in peace, Mr Johnson. :(

I remember that,it had Lucille Ball & Henry Fonda in it.

Check for new replies or respond here...