inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Paul Weyrich, Heritage Foundation founder bites the dust

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/08 at 9:33 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Weyrich

In the 1970s Mr. Weyrich co-founded the theocratic far-right Heritage Foundation and became one of the chief architects of the Reagan counterrevolution.  I can't say I'll miss him much. 

Upon Weyrich's passing, I will pay him a compliment for his consistent support of mass transit in contrast to his right-wing cronies.

Via Wiki:

Unlike many of his allies on the U.S. political right, Weyrich had a long history of ardent support for rail mass transit, although unlike those allies, he opposed bus transit. FCF publishes a newsletter on trolley and rail systems entitled, The (New) New Electric Railway Journal, and Weyrich wrote numerous op-ed columns in favor of proposed light rail and metro systems. He also served on the national board of Amtrak and the Amtrak Reform Council, as well as on local and regional rail transit advocacy organizations.

Subject: Re: Paul Weyrich, Heritage Foundation founder bites the dust

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/19/08 at 7:32 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Weyrich

In the 1970s Mr. Weyrich co-founded the theocratic far-right Heritage Foundation and became one of the chief architects of the Reagan counterrevolution.  I can't say I'll miss him much. 

Upon Weyrich's passing, I will pay him a compliment for his consistent support of mass transit in contrast to his right-wing cronies.

Via Wiki:

Unlike many of his allies on the U.S. political right, Weyrich had a long history of ardent support for rail mass transit, although unlike those allies, he opposed bus transit. FCF publishes a newsletter on trolley and rail systems entitled, The (New) New Electric Railway Journal, and Weyrich wrote numerous op-ed columns in favor of proposed light rail and metro systems. He also served on the national board of Amtrak and the Amtrak Reform Council, as well as on local and regional rail transit advocacy organizations.

I got $10 that says he was a stock holder in either a railroad, or a company that sells rail equipment.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/19/08 at 7:40 pm

One less "right-wing" blowhard we have to deal with.  Wonder if he'll be hanging out with Reagan and Jessie Helm?

Written By: danootaandme on 12/20/08 at 5:08 am

One less "right-wing" blowhard we have to deal with.  Wonder if he'll be hanging out with Reagan and Jessie Helm?

Lee Atwater will be their to hold his coat

Check for new replies or respond here...