inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dave Dee, 65, dies

Written By: Bobo on 01/09/09 at 9:49 am

British singer Dave "Dee" Harman, of Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich has passed away at the age of 65, after a three year battle with cancer.

Between 1965 and 1969 they spent more weeks in the UK singles charts than any other band.

More here.

Subject: Re: Dave Dee, 65, dies

Written By: danootaandme on 01/09/09 at 12:08 pm

They never made it big over here, but I liked them  RIP Dave Dee  :\'(

Written By: holicman on 01/09/09 at 6:15 pm

I have  their greatest hits CD, favourite songs are the legend of Xanadu, Zabadak and Bend it.............RIP Davy Dee.

Alot of people dont know this, but he was actually one of the first on the scene of the accident that killed 50's rocker Eddy Cochran.

here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Cochran

Written By: Paul on 01/10/09 at 6:38 am

Alot of people dont know this, but he was actually one of the first on the scene of the accident that killed 50's rocker Eddy Cochran.

Not his last brush with the law either...in later life, he had a stint as a magistrate!

Very sad to hear of his passing...although not the greatest of vocalists, he could hold his own...

While undisputedly an unashamed 'pop' band, DD,D,B,M & T did make some highly original efforts...'Zabadak' and the incredible 'Legend Of Xanadu' being their best...RIP Dave...

Written By: danootaandme on 01/10/09 at 7:09 am

Bend It

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/09 at 1:38 pm

I was sadden by this news, it was only last month I heard an interview with him.

Check for new replies or respond here...