inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lynyrd Skynyrd keyboardist Billy Powell dies at Florida home

Written By: ninny on 01/29/09 at 5:30 am

Lynyrd Skynyrd keyboard player Billy Powell, who played on such hits as "Sweet Home Alabama" and survived the 1977 plane crash that killed three band members, died Wednesday. He was 56.

Powell called 911 in this Jacksonville suburb saying he was having trouble breathing. Rescue crews performed CPR, but he was pronounced dead about an hour later, Orange Park Police Lt. Mark Cornett said.

Powell, who had a history of heart problems, missed a Tuesday appointment with his doctor for a cardiac evaluation, and a heart attack is suspected as the cause of death.

That band has been through so many tragedies :\'(

His playing was awesome,especially on Free Bird.

RIP Billy :\'(
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll144/LynyrdSkynyrd_FreeBirds77/BillyPowell.jpg

Subject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd keyboardist Billy Powell dies at Florida home

Written By: holicman on 01/29/09 at 6:07 am

Im a massive fan of this band and I absolutely love Freebird......................My lighter is up for you billy .....................this bird you cannot change.....RIP

Subject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd keyboardist Billy Powell dies at Florida home

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/29/09 at 8:07 am

Man this is the end of an era.  Ronnie Van Zant, Billy Powel, Allen Collins, Leon Wilkeson, and Steve Gaines are all gone, and Ed King is off the tour circuit due to his own heart problems.

Of the old lineup, only Artie Pyle and Gary Rossington (who also has heart problems) remain, and they're not on speaking terms.

I was a teenager when these guys were in their prime.  They kicked ass in a major way, I can attest.  8)

RIP Billy...  You did it right.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...