inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RIP to the Buchanans (Philip Carey & Clint Ritchie, OLTL)

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/09 at 8:04 pm

That old cowboy Asa Buchanan from One Life to Live has passed on.

Philip Carey
July 15, 1925 - February 6, 2009   

Great character actor Philip Carey succumbed to lung cancer last week.  He joined OLTL in 1979. 

http://z.about.com/d/onelifetolive/1/0/9/9/medasa.jpg

In addiction to a lengthy film career, Carey also guest starred in several popular TV series.

Notable TV guest appearances

1. "Little House on the Prairie" (1974) playing "Commander Kaiser"(as Phillip Carey) in episode: "Halloween Dream, The" (episode # 6.7) 10/29/1979
   2. "Bionic Woman, The" (1976) playing "Major Andrews" in episode: "Vega Influence, The" (episode # 2.11) 12/1/1976
   3. "Police Story" (1973) in episode: "Execution, The" (episode # 2.18) 2/18/1975
   4. "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" (1974) playing "Sgt. Mayer" in episode: "Firefall (aka The Doppelganger)" (episode # 1.6) 11/8/1974
   5. "Banacek" (1972) in episode: "Rocket to Oblivion" (episode # 2.6) 2/12/1974
   6. "Police Woman" (1974/I)
   7. "Gunsmoke" (1955) playing "Bannion" in episode: "Trafton" (episode # 17.7) 10/25/1971
   8. "All in the Family" (1971) playing "Steve" in episode: "Judging Books By Covers" (episode # 1.5) 2/9/1971
   9. "Ironside" (1967) playing "Dick Richards" in episode: "Barbara Who" (episode # 1.23) 2/29/1968
  10. "Cimarron Strip" (1967) in episode: "Knife in the Darkness (aka Killer with a Knife)" (episode # 1.18) 1/25/1968
  11. "Felony Squad" (1966) playing "Tillery Gage" in episode: "No Sad Songs For Charlie" (episode # 2.15) 12/14/1967
  12. "Custer" (1967/I) in episode: "Massacre" (episode # 1.5) 10/4/1967
  13. "Daniel Boone" (1964) in episode: "Necklace, The" (episode # 3.24) 3/9/1967
  14. "Virginian, The" (1962) in episode: "We've Lost a Train" (episode # 3.30) 4/21/1965
  15. "Virginian, The" (1962) playing "Duke Logan" in episode: "Siege" (episode # 2.13) 12/18/1963
  16. "Nurses, The" (1962) in episode: "Thunder of Ernie Bass, The" (episode # 1.22) 3/7/1963
  17. "Cheyenne" (1955) in episode: "Johnny Brassbuttons" (episode # 7.11) 12/3/1962
  18. "Bronco" (1958) in episode: "Until Kingdom Come" (episode # 4.14) 3/26/1962
  19. "Cheyenne" (1955) in episode: "One Way Ticket" (episode # 6.12) 2/12/1962
  20. "Rifleman, The" (1958) in episode: "Death Trap" (episode # 3.33) 5/9/1961
  21. "Stagecoach West" (1960) in episode: "Root of Evil, The" (episode # 1.21) 2/28/1961
  22. "Zane Grey Theater" (1956) in episode: "One Must Die" (episode # 5.14) 1/12/1961

CLINT RITCHIE
http://soapoperadigest.com/photo_gallery/ClintViki1984Z.jpg

August 9, 1938 - January 31, 2009

played Clint Buchanan 1979-1998.

"Father & Son"
http://onelifetolive.about.com/library/graphics/medasa_clint.jpg

Subject: Re: RIP Asa Buchanan (Philip Carey, OLTL)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/09 at 10:23 am

Bummer. I just loved him-always cracked me up. He will be missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 2:53 pm

Bummer. I just loved him-always cracked me up. He will be missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

yeah I really liked it when  Asa married Rene....what a pair!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/09 at 4:15 pm

yeah I really liked it when  Asa married Rene....what a pair!

Yeah, Renee was more of his speed than Blair.  8-P

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 4:17 pm

Yeah, Renee was more of his speed than Blair.  8-P

Cat

fo sho

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/09 at 5:36 pm

fo sho

I think we are the only two who know who Phil Carey (AKA Asa Buchanan) is.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 5:43 pm

I think we are the only two who know who Phil Carey (AKA Asa Buchanan) is.

Cat

I guess sooooo... I thought since ninny posted about Myrtle Fargate a while back (from AMC) she might know Phil Carey too...cuz us ABC soap fans usually know people from the other shows.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 8:30 pm

at least some people remember him...here's a tribute I found on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlHPI5Xgbsg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/09 at 11:29 am

at least some people remember him...here's a tribute I found on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlHPI5Xgbsg

I forgot the old theme song-and yes, I sang along with it-it is amazing how all the words come right back to you. I also forgot about all his wives too. (I remember some of them but not ALL).

I also just realized that Clint Richie also just passed away a few weeks ago (Jan. 31st).  :\'( :\'( :\'(  Man, what is going on with the Buchanan boys. It looks like Bo is the only one left.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 11:32 am

I forgot the old theme song-and yes, I sang along with it-it is amazing how all the words come right back to you. I also forgot about all his wives too. (I remember some of them but not ALL).

I also just realized that Clint Richie also just passed away a few weeks ago (Jan. 31st).  :\'( :\'( :\'(  Man, what is going on with the Buchanan boys. It looks like Bo is the only one left.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

sadly I sort of thought Clint Ritchie died two years ago..... I'd start a tribute to him but I think I'll just change this thread to include them both...since you're the only one who seems to remember them anyway.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/09 at 11:43 am

sadly I sort of thought Clint Ritchie died two years ago..... I'd start a tribute to him but I think I'll just change this thread to include them both...since you're the only one who seems to remember them anyway.  ;)

Since I haven't watched in YEARS-did the characters die?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 11:47 am

Since I haven't watched in YEARS-did the characters die?

Cat

I think so.  i wasn't watching then either... first there was Eternia and then that whole Wild West lets travel back in time 100 years.  ::)  It got weird.

Actually- do you remember Sarah (played by Jensen Buchanan) she married Bo and when the actress left the show they killed off Sarah. Bo seriously mourned Sarah but at the same time the producers decided to age Kevin & Joey  so I tune in one day and K & J are 12 & 10 and Bo is mourning Sarah- she'd been dead a week or a month-  then the next day I tune in and Kevin & Joey are 18 & 16 and....Bo was still mourning Sarah....it kind of pissed me off so I stopped watching.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/09 at 12:11 pm

I think so.  i wasn't watching then either... first there was Eternia and then that whole Wild West lets travel back in time 100 years.   ::)  It got weird.

Actually- do you remember Sarah (played by Jensen Buchanan) she married Bo and when the actress left the show they killed off Sarah. Bo seriously mourned Sarah but at the same time the producers decided to age Kevin & Joey  so I tune in one day and K & J are 12 & 10 and Bo is mourning Sarah- she'd been dead a week or a month-  then the next day I tune in and Kevin & Joey are 18 & 16 and....Bo was still mourning Sarah....it kind of pissed me off so I stopped watching.

I do remember Eterna & the Wild West. (I think I might have a couple of Eterna episodes on tapes lying around here somewhere). I remember when they brought Sarah back only to kill her off again-of course that was because the chick they had playing Sarah was NOT Jensen Buchanan-can't remember who she was but I do remember she was  8-P -so the producers decided to kill off the character again instead of getting a GOOD actress to play her. But, I always like Bo & Nora.

I stopped watching when ABC cancelled PC-that was when I stopped watching GH, too.

Cat

Subject: Re: RIP to the Buchanans (Philip Carey & Clint Ritchie, OLTL)

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 1:09 pm

I do remember Eterna & the Wild West. (I think I might have a couple of Eterna episodes on tapes lying around here somewhere). I remember when they brought Sarah back only to kill her off again-of course that was because the chick they had playing Sarah was NOT Jensen Buchanan-can't remember who she was but I do remember she was  8-P -so the producers decided to kill off the character again instead of getting a GOOD actress to play her. But, I always like Bo & Nora.

I stopped watching when ABC cancelled PC-that was when I stopped watching GH, too.

Cat

I remember the recast but I sort of remember Bo holding on to Sarah as she died and I'd swear that was Jensen Buchanan.....maybe I'm just remembering it the way it ought to be remembered.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/09 at 1:35 pm

I remember the recast but I sort of remember Bo holding on to Sarah as she died and I'd swear that was Jensen Buchanan.....maybe I'm just remembering it the way it ought to be remembered.

Well, I always thought the show was misnamed because it was never ONE life to live-care to figure out how many times people have come back from the dead? Even Bo came back from the dead one time. I remember Bob Woods being on some talk show (can't remember which one) and he was holding up a tee shirt that said, "My character came back from the dead and all I got was this lousy tee shirt".  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 1:41 pm

Well, I always thought the show was misnamed because it was never ONE life to live-care to figure out how many times people have come back from the dead? Even Bo came back from the dead one time. I remember Bob Woods being on some talk show (can't remember which one) and he was holding up a tee shirt that said, "My character came back from the dead and all I got was this lousy tee shirt".  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

In trying to find that clip of Sarah I just learned that she has come back from the dead too (apparently)  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/09 at 2:41 pm

Too bad people can't come back from the dead in real life.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 2:42 pm

Too bad people can't come back from the dead in real life.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

yeah- I know!

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 6:38 pm

well at least someone looked

LyricBoy
(MSIE) 16:35:51 Viewing the topic RIP to the Buchanans (Philip Carey & Clint Ritchie, OLTL) .

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/09 at 6:45 pm

well at least someone looked

LyricBoy
(MSIE) 16:35:51 Viewing the topic RIP to the Buchanans (Philip Carey & Clint Ritchie, OLTL) .

I'm sure he was probably wondering, "Who the f*** are the Buchanans?"  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 6:51 pm

I'm sure he was probably wondering, "Who the f*** are the Buchanans?"  :D ;D ;D

Cat

you're probably right!  ;D

Written By: ninny on 02/16/09 at 9:58 am

I use to watch One Life To Live alot in the late 70's,early 80's sadly haven't watched soaps since my mom died. RIP Philip & Clint :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...