inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Terminally ill Jade Goody

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/09 at 10:44 am

Terminally ill reality TV star Jade Goody has married her fiance Jack Tweed at an "emotional, wonderful" ceremony, her publicist Max Clifford has said.

The couple received a standing ovation from their 200 guests after they exchanged vows at Down Hall in Essex.

Goody was 45 minutes late, and shed tears at "the lovely things that were being said," Clifford told reporters.

The 27-year-old was able to stand for most of the 45-minute ceremony but asked to sit down at the end, he added.

As the newly-wed couple signed their wedding certificate, Goody's two young sons sat on their laps.

"It was a very beautiful, very moving service," PR guru Clifford said.

"She looked wonderful, the ceremony was absolutely beautiful and you know at one stage Jade was obviously, she had a few tears, but it was just a room full of love, for her, for them, for their happiness."

Crimewatch presenter Nick Ross and former boyband star Antony Costa were among the 200 guests who attended the ceremony at Down Hall Country House Hotel.

Police, media and well-wishers all gathered at the entrance, while a spotter plane flew overhead trailing a banner emblazoned with the couple's names.

Television presenters Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan were among those who arrived for a post-wedding party, where pop group The Sugababes are due to serenade the newly-weds.

Meanwhile, a group of performers called Incognito will pose as waiters before bursting into song during the reception.   

Goody has spoken of how Tweed, 21, proposed to her shortly after doctors told her she may only have months to live.

Whirlwind preparations for the ceremony followed, with the TV personality reportedly masterminding the details from a laptop from her hospital bed.

She pledged to walk down the aisle unaided in a £3,500 gown presented to her by Harrods boss Mohamed al Fayed.

The Sun newspaper reported on Friday that she had refused to wear a veil, so that guests could see how her head had been left bald by chemotherapy treatment.

'Fighting back tears'

OK! magazine bought the rights to the ceremony for £700,000, while TV station Living had already paid a reported £100,000 to show it as part of their series, Jade. 

Goody stipulated that the entire amount should be passed on to her sons Bobby, five, and four-year-old Freddie.

The film of the wedding will be produced by Kate Jackson, who is also one of the four bridesmaids.

Ahead of the ceremony, Tweed told The Sun he would be "fighting back tears" on the day.

"I love Jade more than anything and this is all we both want," he told the Sun. "It's going to be the best day of my life."

Tweed was jailed for 18 months last September after assaulting a teenager with a golf club.

He was released early from Wayland Prison in Norfolk last month on condition he wears a tag and returns to his mother's house in Essex by 1900 GMT each day.

However, the Ministry of Justice has allowed the terms of his curfew to be relaxed so he and Goody can spend their wedding night together.

"It might be their only night together," said Clifford, adding Goody now wanted to arrange a christening for her sons.

"Her words to me were: 'I want them to try and get to know Jesus, because if they get to know Jesus hopefully we will be able to keep in touch in future.'"

Awareness raised

Professor Mike Richards, who is in charge of the Government's strategy for tackling cancer in England, said Goody's experiences with cervical cancer could help save lives if more women came forward for screening.

"She is incredibly unlucky to have cervical cancer at her age but it does occur," he told the BBC.

"Cervical cancer is one of those cancers that can occur, roughly speaking, from any age.

"But the good news about cervical cancer is that we can pick it up, even before it becomes a cancer, and that's why screening is so important."

Subject: Re: Terminally ill Jade Goody marries

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/23/09 at 12:20 pm

Cervical cancer at 27?  Tough break.
:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/09 at 6:52 am

Jade Goody is recovering in hospital following surgery to relieve pain in her bowel.

The 27-year-old reality TV star, who has terminal cancer, was operated on at London's Chelsea and Westminster Hospital after being plagued with crippling stomach pains.

Her spokesman, Max Clifford, said the operation was vital as it could help improve her quality of life.

Speaking before the op, he said: "Hopefully the operation will relieve the pain and pressure she has been experiencing in her bowel.

"This operation is important because if successful it could alleviate the worst of the pain she's been experiencing. She will be able to start eating again and it will give her more quality of life and more quality of time."

Max said Jade desperately wanted to return home to spend her remaining time with new husband Jack Tweed and her two sons, Bobby, five, and Freddie, four.

He added: "She's very sedated at the moment, she just hopes the operation goes well so she can get home and enjoy some quality time with her family."

Written By: Gis on 03/03/09 at 7:56 am

You know what I don't care, I'm sick of this being front page news everyday like it has been for the last 2 weeks.

I'm sad for her. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and let alone someone so young and with young children, that is awful. However it doesn't suddenly make her a nice person. We all seem to be convieniently forgetting she is a nasty, bigotted racist.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/09 at 8:02 am

On the documentaries on tv she is portrayed as a perfect mother.

Written By: Gis on 03/03/09 at 8:06 am

On the documentaries on tv she is portrayed as a perfect mother.
I couldn't say, I have avoided watching any. I don't like her and I never will. I don't doubt for one minute she loves her kids.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/03/09 at 10:01 am

So she marries this Tweed(Twit) and he automatically gets some of her estate.  I don't know who she was thinking of, but it wasn't the kids.  Sad, sorry, situation all around, except for Twit.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 03/06/09 at 7:47 am

She is basically unknown across the planet - other than the UK.

The only reason I even know who she is is because I got a little addicted to celeb big brother when Dirk Benedict and Jermaine Jackson were housemates and a kind You Tuber was uploading shows every day.

I had to google her to ascertain how exactly she she came to be a celeb. But of course - previous BB contestants are naturally "celebs".  More than a little baffled to try and understand how "being her pathetic little whipped boyfriend" got him on the same show. Celeb by proxy perhaps.

I thought she was one of the most vile creatures the UK has ever produced (certainly able to compete with some of our more vile BB contestants in Aus !!). And I think your press were basically factual in their assessment of her at the time. (And Gis's description was brilliant !).

I cannot fathom why getting sick would change her personality or her "celeb" appeal.  Funny how the press seem to suddenly adore her. My opinion of her certainly hasnt changed just because she is dying.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/09 at 3:28 pm

Terminally ill Jade Goody is christened with her two sons in a "very short and emotional service", her publicist says.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/09 at 3:56 am

Terminally ill reality TV star Jade Goody has been confronted in hospital by a woman leaning over her carrying a hammer, according to her spokesman.

Max Clifford said Goody's husband had left her for a few minutes when the intruder entered her room at the Royal Marsden Hospital in west London.

The star was not hurt but had been left "very shaken up", he added.

A 41-year-old woman was arrested for possession of an offensive weapon, but was later released, police said.

Goody has only weeks to live after her cervical cancer spread to her liver, groin and bowel.

Subject: Re: Terminally ill Jade Goody

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/09 at 7:46 am

Terminally ill reality TV star Jade Goody has left hospital.

Her publicist Max Clifford said she was "desperate" to return to her Essex home to see her children.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 03/12/09 at 12:16 am

Terminally ill reality TV star Jade Goody

Has she changed her name by deed poll to this or something ??

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/09 at 4:29 am

Jade Goody has now died.

Check for new replies or respond here...