inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Reality TV star Jade Goody dies

Written By: Bobo on 03/22/09 at 4:17 am

Reality TV star Jade Goody has died at the age of 27, her spokesman Max Clifford has confirmed.

She died at home with her family in Upshire, Essex, overnight on Saturday after a high-profile battle with cervical cancer.

Goody was diagnosed with the disease in 2008 but it spread to her liver, groin and bowel and she was told it was terminal in February.

Her mother Jackiey Budden said: "My beautiful daughter is at peace."

Goody shot to fame after being a contestant in the third series of Big Brother in 2002 and was taking part in a version of the show in India when she was told of her illness.

She had been treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital in west London but wanted "to spend all the time she had got left" with new husband Jack Tweed and sons, Bobby, five, and Freddy, four.

Subject: Re: Reality TV star Jade Goody dies

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/09 at 4:29 am

Tragic news

Written By: danootaandme on 03/22/09 at 5:19 am

I have never watched Big Brother so I had never heard of her until this happened.  Even though I don't know who she is, this type of thing happens everyday, and it is always so sad.  Condolences to the family, may she rest in peace.  :\'(

Written By: ninny on 03/22/09 at 6:03 am

I have never watched Big Brother so I had never heard of her until this happened.  Even though I don't know who she is, this type of thing happens everyday, and it is always so sad.  Condolences to the family, may she rest in peace.  :\'(

My sentiments exactly  RIP Jade.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/22/09 at 10:11 am

This is really sad news, my thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family.

Rest in peace, Jade.

:\'(

Written By: Stompgal on 03/22/09 at 11:52 am

The news about Jade's passing has arrived sooner than I thought it would. Even tough she was outrageous in some ways and delivered some witty pig-thick comments, she was kind to her sons by doing everything she could for them. Jade has also made more women aware of cervical cancer and the number of women getting tested for it has risen since the news of her cancer broke last August. I will mostly remember Jade for her appearance on 'Big Brother 2002' and her many appearances on OK! magazine. Reality TV will never be the same again.

RIP Jade. I'm proud of what you did for your sons as well as making women more aware of their health.  :\'(

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/22/09 at 7:54 pm

I just heard about this. So sad and way too young to die. RIP Jade.  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/09 at 3:26 am

The funeral of reality TV star Jade Goody will take place on 4 April at a church near her home in Upshire, Essex.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/24/09 at 5:29 am

The funeral of reality TV star Jade Goody will take place on 4 April at a church near her home in Upshire, Essex.

Wonder why they are waiting so long.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/09 at 8:06 am

Wonder why they are waiting so long.
I wonder too, a post mortem is not needed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/09 at 8:24 am

Thousands are expected to line the funeral route, which will reportedly see a cortege of 21 cars drive through the Essex town of Loughton.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/09 at 5:20 am

The funeral for Jade Goody is now taking place.

Written By: Stompgal on 04/09/09 at 10:01 am

On the day of Jade's funeral, I watched some classic 'Big Brother 2002' clips on YouTube. These included a montage of Jade's not-so-bright comments and the part of an episode where she sees Spencer in the bedroom and chooses a school disco party over a video message from her mother for her 21st birthday.

Check for new replies or respond here...