inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rapper Dolla Killed in LA Mall Shooting

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/09 at 9:15 pm

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A publicist for rapper Dolla says the Atlanta-based performer has been killed at an upscale mall in Los Angeles after a dispute with another man.  :\'(

Publicist Sue Vannasing told the Los Angeles Times and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Dolla was shot Monday afternoon at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles.

Police and coroner’s officials have not yet confirmed the victim’s identity.

Vannasing said Dolla - real name Roderick Anthony Burton II - and another rapper who goes by the name D.J. Shabbazz were waiting at a valet stand after a shopping trip when a gunman shot Dolla.
Police say a person of interest with a gun was detained hours later at Los Angeles International Airport and is being questioned.

Subject: Re: Rapper Dolla Killed in LA Mall Shooting

Written By: Brian06 on 05/19/09 at 10:34 pm

Damn I remember his song too. Very sad.  :o  :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/20/09 at 1:18 am

Call me hopelessly naive, but what reason does anybody have for bringing a gun into an upscale shopping mall in the first place?
???

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/20/09 at 6:31 am

Call me hopelessly naive, but what reason does anybody have for bringing a gun into an upscale shopping mall in the first place?
???

To handle this kind of incident.  Somebody pulls a knife on me, then I'm gonna whip out my gun and the skies will be raining lead down upon them.  :P

Upscale mall, indeed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/09 at 6:00 pm

To handle this kind of incident.  Somebody pulls a knife on me, then I'm gonna whip out my gun and the skies will be raining lead down upon them.   :P

Upscale mall, indeed.

That's why I gotta start packing a piece, 'coz guys like you are walkin' around the malls hopped up on Manhattans and blow with your fingers on your Glocks!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/21/09 at 6:13 pm

???
it's like an American Express card.
I'm curious what reason did the shooter have to shoot him? it's sad

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/09 at 7:17 pm

it's like an American Express card.
I'm curious what reason did the shooter have to shoot him? it's sad

He probably was "dissed"  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/09 at 7:19 pm

That's why I gotta start packing a piece, 'coz guys like you are walkin' around the malls hopped up on Manhattans and blow with your fingers on your Glocks!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif

Glock?  Egads, man how gauche.

Nope, for me it's a good old reliable Colt 1911 .45 caliber.  Does not hold as many rounds as a Glock, but after taking six .45 slugs, the meaning of "overkill" is apparent.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/21/09 at 7:25 pm

He probably was "dissed"  ::)
that may not be far from the truth, but then it could be a ongoing feud like the Hatfields/McCoys type thing. I think looking someone directly in the eyes is a challenge in prison. live by the sword and you pretty much guaranteed to die by it.

Glock?  Egads, man how gauche.

Nope, for me it's a good old reliable Colt 1911 .45 caliber.  Does not hold as many rounds as a Glock, but after taking six .45 slugs, the meaning of "overkill" is apparent.
Sicilian style > sawed off double barrel 12G shotgun.  I've shot a .45  and 1 bullet is all you need  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/09 at 7:49 pm

Sicilian style > sawed off double barrel 12G shotgun. 

I like your style, Badfinger-fan.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/21/09 at 7:57 pm

I like your style, Badfinger-fan.   ;D
I like the highlighted Bad ^  ;D  I gotta give Mario Puzo credit for that style. in his novel The Sicilian, I believe that was the weapon of choice for close up assasinations or hits.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/09 at 9:25 pm

that may not be far from the truth, but then it could be a ongoing feud like the Hatfields/McCoys type thing. I think looking someone directly in the eyes is a challenge in prison. live by the sword and you pretty much guaranteed to die by it.

After a few years in the joint, one sword starts to look very much like another!

:-*

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/22/09 at 3:45 am

The motive hadn't been figured out yet as of Thursday--they are investigating it.

My opinion of his music aside, it's always sad to see a person die an untimely death. . .

of course these two are worse

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=4733500

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/ap_on_re_us/us_playground_body;_ylt=AkgfTwCgiNn1lB6JEpw6G20DW7oF

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/22/09 at 3:51 am

After a few years in the joint, one sword starts to look very much like another!

:-*
when it comes to swordplay, it's all in the grip Max

The motive hadn't been figured out yet as of Thursday--they are investigating it.

My opinion of his music aside, it's always sad to see a person die an untimely death. . .

of course these two are worse

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=4733500

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/ap_on_re_us/us_playground_body;_ylt=AkgfTwCgiNn1lB6JEpw6G20DW7oF
I have not heard his music either but as you said, it's sad irregardless  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...