inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kung Fu star David Carradine found dead

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/09 at 8:56 am

Kill Bill and Kung Fu star David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room, BBC correspondent Jonathan Head has reported.

The 72-year-old was in Thailand filming his latest film Stretch, according to his personal manager Chuck Binder.

Mr Binder said the news was "shocking", adding: "He was full of life, always wanting to work... a great person."

Subject: Re: Kung Fu star David Carradine found dead

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/09 at 9:03 am

Latest:

He was found in the wardrobe of his Bangkok hotel room with a rope tied around his neck.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/04/09 at 9:10 am

This is quite shocking news...  :-[

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/09 at 9:14 am

This is quite shocking news...   :-[
This is shocking news indeed and it is still breaking on the radio.

Written By: Jessica on 06/04/09 at 10:29 am

F*ck me, what shytty news.  He'll always have a place in my heart as the evil bastard Bill from "Kill Bill". :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/09 at 11:41 am

Wow! 

Cat

Written By: ninny on 06/04/09 at 1:21 pm

Dang..what the hell..RIP David.

Written By: joeman on 06/04/09 at 5:46 pm

My dad was talking to me about this today.  It is sad to see him go, he was a good actor.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/04/09 at 5:48 pm

Goodnight, Grasshopper

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/04/09 at 6:27 pm

I'm also feeling sorrowful from this tragic ending of David Carradine's life.  :\'(   
why'd he have to hang himself  :-\\  this is how 2 members of Badfinger ended their lives  :( 

"Quickly as you can, snatch the pebble from my hand." young Caine tries and fails. "When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave. -Master Kan

"To die well, one must live well." - Caine

"If a man lives, it is a certainty he will die. Therefore, it is foolish to think of death as if he were a foe to be vanquished. He will come when he will come." - Caine

RIP David

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/09 at 6:33 pm

This blows.  :\'(

David was the man in Kung Fu.  I regularly call young kids who work for me as "grasshopper".

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/04/09 at 6:38 pm

RIP David.  He was great in North and South.  Sheer evil done with such ease.

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/09 at 7:05 pm

F*ck me, what shytty news.  He'll always have a place in my heart as the evil bastard Bill from "Kill Bill". :\'(

All of the news reports I have seen on this mention him as 'Kill Bill' star.  No reference to 'Kung Fu' at all, which is odd as I would think he's more known for that.  I did love him in Kill Bill though!

This is very sad news indeed.  I used to watch 'Kung Fu: The Legend Continues' all the time in the 90s.  That was an awesome show!  He was a great actor and will be sadly missed :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/09 at 7:46 pm

I wonder if his funeral will be held at a Shaolin temple?

Written By: Jessica on 06/04/09 at 7:48 pm

All of the news reports I have seen on this mention him as 'Kill Bill' star.  No reference to 'Kung Fu' at all, which is odd as I would think he's more known for that.  I did love him in Kill Bill though!

This is very sad news indeed.  I used to watch 'Kung Fu: The Legend Continues' all the time in the 90s.  That was an awesome show!  He was a great actor and will be sadly missed :\'(

I think they reference Kill Bill more because none of the younger crowd would know anything about Kung Fu or Kung Fu: The Legend Continues or Shane or anything else he played in.  I only mentioned Kill Bill in my post because I just watched it last weekend. :\'(

The Bride: How did you find me?
Bill: I'm the man.

Yes he was. :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/09 at 8:54 pm

Sh*t, that's terrible!  Any indication as to why he did it?
:\'(

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/04/09 at 9:17 pm

This really sucks. I don't want to believe it.  :\'(

I cannot accept that David Carradine hung himself, much less that hes gone.
I seriously believe something fishy is going on here... >:(

Written By: saver on 06/05/09 at 12:13 am

OOPS..LATEST NEWS : He had beeen talking of suicide over the past few months...

How does one accidentally tieoneself up with hands behind back and hang oneself??
At least they are saying his hands were tied and also heard a belt around 'other body parts'..

Written By: Davester on 06/05/09 at 12:27 am

Yep.  Autoerotic asphyxiation...

Written By: saver on 06/05/09 at 1:00 am

Yep.  Autoerotic asphyxiation...

Well, Hell!..TMZ is reporting he was found with a belt around his neck and 'other things' on 'parts' the body.Hmmmm.

I missed that KUNG-FU episode : How to pleasure oneself before losing your breath....
'Master, I have learned to be 'one' wth myself! It is like riding the wind. And just as the darkness envelopes you...however,you must have enough willpower to keep conscious or you will be found in a strange position when authorities discover your lifeless body. If you prefer to stay in the world of darkness .you must also be aware, your earthly footprints whiich you left behind will be highly spoken of, but when asked how you left this plain...the legacy wiil end...HE JACKED HIMSELF TO DEATH! ;D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 1:56 am

looks like it's gonna be $5,000  :\'(  http://kungfu-guide.com/images-kf/posterphoto_lg.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/05/09 at 2:04 am

Thanks, these where the words I trying to think right at the time of first hearing this sad news.

Written By: Jessica on 06/05/09 at 10:03 am

Well, Hell!..TMZ is reporting he was found with a belt around his neck and 'other things' on 'parts' the body.Hmmmm.

I missed that KUNG-FU episode : How to pleasure oneself before losing your breath....
'Master, I have learned to be 'one' wth myself! It is like riding the wind. And just as the darkness envelopes you...however,you must have enough willpower to keep conscious or you will be found in a strange position when authorities discover your lifeless body. If you prefer to stay in the world of darkness .you must also be aware, your earthly footprints whiich you left behind will be highly spoken of, but when asked how you left this plain...the legacy wiil end...HE JACKED HIMSELF TO DEATH! ;D ;D

As usual, TMZ is wrong.  They found rope around his neck and genitals, no "other things" on other parts of his body.

And you're not funny.

Anyways, if it is what we think it is, I hope he at least got some pleasure out of his fetish before he shuffled off this mortal coil....

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/05/09 at 2:13 pm

How do they know it wasn't the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique?  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/05/09 at 5:45 pm

A rather embarassing way to go.

I wonder why he would tie a rope onto his winky?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/05/09 at 6:57 pm

A rather embarassing way to go.

I wonder why he would tie a rope onto his winky?

I heard his hands were tied behind his back too. :o

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/05/09 at 7:08 pm

Such sad and tragic news!  I remember when I used to watch Kung Fu reruns on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.  RIP David Carradine.  :\'(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 7:12 pm

so it's rumored he was engaging in some sexual interlude and died in the throes of passion  :o    that's some heavy activity there, that is.  :o    I guess the white crane technique just wasn't doing it for him  :-\\

Written By: saver on 06/05/09 at 8:33 pm

As usual, TMZ is wrong.  They found rope around his neck and genitals, no "other things" on other parts of his body.

And you're not funny.

Anyways, if it is what we think it is, I hope he at least got some pleasure out of his fetish before he shuffled off this mortal coil....

I'm 'fairly' following the released reports..other things may include his hands being bound???? Whether it was a belt or rope, I still will stick to it being a candlestick as the weapon and Col. Mustard did it!

As far as not being funny, I could've gone the 'twitter' route with more crude scenario's..but on many talk radio shows, many hosts/players commented as well on 'what a way to go'..so maybe not AS funny but lighter than many.

I'll also bet we won't hear the last of spoofs for awhile and they won't be saying 'snatch the PEBBLE from my hand'.   

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/08/09 at 12:49 am

Same thing happened to Michael Hutchence of INXS.

I don't care how mind-blowing the climax is, boys and girls, never restrict your own or anybody else's respiratory system for any reason.  Period.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

Written By: Frank on 06/08/09 at 1:06 am

RIP David.  He was great in North and South.  Sheer evil done with such ease.

Yup he was good, and great in "Kung Fu"

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/08/09 at 7:21 am

Same thing happened to Michael Hutchence of INXS.

I don't care how mind-blowing the climax is, boys and girls, never restrict your own or anybody else's respiratory system for any reason.  Period.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

Hutchence was an ass. Thanks to his stupidity, his daughter is an orphan. >:(

Written By: Jessica on 06/08/09 at 11:26 am

Because he got off on being deprived of oxygen? ???

Don't forget about Paula Yates, either.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/09 at 11:44 am

I will always remember Paula Yates, she lived close by to me, and she died from an accidental heroin overdose. The coroner ruled that it was not a suicide, but a result of "foolish and incautious" behaviour.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/08/09 at 6:57 pm

Because he got off on being deprived of oxygen? ???

Don't forget about Paula Yates, either.

Oh, I have not forgotten her either.  Hutchence left the girl fatherless.  Yates left their daughter (and her three other daughters) motherless due to her stupid drug addiction.  >:(

Bob Geldof is now raising all 4 girls.  I wonder how he is going to explain to Hutchence's daughter that "Daddy jacked himself to death".  Certainly a tragedy that a little girl should not have to experience.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/09 at 7:34 am

Oh, I have not forgotten her either.  Hutchence left the girl fatherless.  Yates left their daughter (and her three other daughters) motherless due to her stupid drug addiction.  >:(

Bob Geldof is now raising all 4 girls.  I wonder how he is going to explain to Hutchence's daughter that "Daddy jacked himself to death".  Certainly a tragedy that a little girl should not have to experience.
Is one of the girls married now?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/09/09 at 11:24 pm

Hutchence was actually an interesting guy.  I mean, you wouldn't know it from most INXS, but if you check out his work with Max Q or the cult movie "Dogs in Space," you see a different Hutchence from the bimbo who used to sing "Suicide Blonde."

I'm just saying "autoerotic asphyxiation" is an official medicolegal investigative term for a reason; it's not just something from the Urban Dictionary.

Ah yes, and there was Paula!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4e/Paula_yates.jpg/225px-Paula_yates.jpg

Written By: saver on 06/15/09 at 11:20 pm

On the side:  do you think Hutchence also was thin skinned when earlier at the Music Awards, INXS(MIKE)gave OASIS their award and one of the members commented something to the effect of -Thanks, I wondered what it would be like getting an award from a 'has-been' ..
Maybe MH took the comment too serious?

Or was just having his fun and slipped?? :o   

Check for new replies or respond here...