inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mia Farrow's brother found dead

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/09 at 1:31 am

The brother of actor Mia Farrow has been found dead in his art gallery in Castleton, Vermont, in what US police say were suspicious circumstances.

Sculptor Patrick Farrow, 66, was found by police responding to an emergency call, the Associated Press reported.

In a statement, Vermont State Police Lt Timothy Oliver said the death was suspicious but gave no further details.

Police have said they will not release further information until an autopsy has been carried out.

Mr Farrow was a noted sculptor and had received several national awards for his art.

He owned and operated the Farrow Gallery, close to the state border with New York, with his wife and fellow artist, Susan.

Subject: Re: Mia Farrow's brother found dead

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/09 at 10:58 am

This was front page of our local newspaper. He lived about 5 miles from us. It really is a shocker. I never met him personally but I am well familiar with his work. He is a local celebrity around here. This is one of my favorite sculptures of his which is in Rutland (and yes, that is one of my photos.)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/2556868578_c1b1c0f2f6.jpg?v=0

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/09 at 8:16 pm

Damn, that's terrible!  But who would want to hurt the guy?

???

Written By: darcy on 06/17/09 at 8:21 pm

They are saying it was suicide

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/09 at 8:24 pm

They are saying it was suicide

Suicide is more likely for 66-year-old sculptors from Vermont, unless you're on a Law & Order episode.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/09 at 11:53 am

Yesterday, the photo that I posted above had 433 hits on Flickr.  :o :o :o Today, it has had 122-so far. I have another shot of it which has had 24 hits yesterday & 18 hits so far today. I did a little research and if you do a Google Image search for Patrick Farrow, that photo comes up front & center.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/09 at 7:15 pm

They've concluded it was a suicide by gunshot to the head.

:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...