inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Inventor of Magic Fingers bed dies at 92

Written By: saver on 06/20/09 at 12:13 am

Yeah, THAT guy

Subject: Re: Inventor of Magic Fingers bed dies at 92

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/09 at 7:43 am

Can more be explained please?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/09 at 9:37 am

Yes. John Joseph Houghtaling, the gentleman who invented the Magic Fingers hotel bed vibrator ($0.25 for 15 minutes of raucus vibrations) back in 1958, bit it on Wednesday.

He was 92.

The news accounts did not mention a cause of death.

:\'(

You can order your own Magic Fingers unit from www.magicfingers.com  8)

Written By: saver on 06/20/09 at 8:53 pm

Can more be explained please?

Whoops, sorry, thought eveyone had been to a cheap motel one time or another..

His invention was the rage at cheapy motels..you put a quater in a box next to a bed that it was connected to and it would vibrate-for whatever your pleasure was.

Kinda lost its appeal eventually.

Wonder if his coffin will have something rigged to it to make it vibrate as he eternally sleeps. :-\\

Written By: anabel on 06/20/09 at 9:16 pm

As a kid, I thought they were hilarious-when we went on vacations, I would beg my Mom and Dad to turn them on for me and then I would talk and make noises to hear the vibration in my voice.  ::)

We had a motel in the town I grew up in that closed and when they did, my Mom somehow got ahold of 2 of those things!  They were just boxes that attached to the bed somehow and you had to put a quarter in the for them to work.  She got one for her and Dad's bed, (no, I don't know if they used it, and if they did, EWWWW!) and she put one on my bed as a surprise!  We just used the same quarter over and over in them and it was a riot!  I have no clue what happened to them after I moved out of my parens' house.

Mr. Inventor of the Magic Fingers Bed Box, thanks for all the laughs over the years!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/20/09 at 11:08 pm

They made him a custom casket so when you drop a quarter in it, his body starts vibrating!
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...