inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Former Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was found

Written By: ninny on 07/04/09 at 4:21 pm

Former Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was found dead Saturday. He was 36.

At a brief press conference Saturday, Nashville police department public affairs manager Don Aaron confirmed McNair's death. He said that McNair suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head, and that a female victim was also found dead at the scene.

McNair last played in the NFL in 2007, when he was with the Ravens. The longtime Titans quarterback spent 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 with the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans franchise.

Subject: Re: Former Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was found

Written By: statsqueen on 07/04/09 at 4:40 pm

I JUST heard about this.  How tragic.  :\'(

Hope they are able to find who did it...and why.

Subject: Re: Former Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was found

Written By: danootaandme on 07/04/09 at 5:11 pm

I just saw this.  Sounds like a murder suicide or some such.  This is just awful  :\'(

Written By: Frank on 07/04/09 at 6:05 pm

What a weird last few weeks it has been.
I liked him as a QB.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/04/09 at 7:30 pm

My prediction is that drugs are involved...

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/04/09 at 7:49 pm

My prediction is that drugs are involved...

I might a spoke too soon.

McNair was found in a condominium (huh huh huh) with a woman who is not his wife.

Maybe this was a case of O.P.P. getting out of hand. ???

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/04/09 at 8:27 pm

What a sad tragedy!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(    No matter what the circumstances, this is just wrong! 

R.I.P. Steve McNair

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/04/09 at 10:12 pm

I might a spoke too soon.

McNair was found in a condominium (huh huh huh) with a woman who is not his wife.

Was there a guy named Eddie Nash involved?
;)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/05/09 at 6:05 am

So, slowly, it looks like McNair was having an affair with a 20 year old, and she pulled out a gun and shot him then herself. 

Subject: Re: Former Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was fo

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/05/09 at 7:03 am

Was there a guy named Eddie Nash involved?
;)

Doubtful.  Everybody from Eddie's crew is long dead except for Eddie, and he is no longer in the biz. And those guys were into beatings, not shootings.

From today's news, it sounds like the chick ventilated McNair then shot herself.

She was more than a casual hookup, as she and McNair were co-registrants of a 'Sclade.  Appears that she was a waitress at a Dave & Buster's that McNair frequented.  One of her coworkers said of her "She was 90% reliable".  (insert WTF emoticon here )

Maybe he told her he was going to pull a Sanford and break off whatever relationship they had going, and she snapped?

They found the gun by her body and she only had one bullet wound. You do the math.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 1:32 pm

Yikes.  What a way to go.

Subject: Re: Former Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was fo

Written By: ninny on 07/05/09 at 2:23 pm

Doubtful.  Everybody from Eddie's crew is long dead except for Eddie, and he is no longer in the biz. And those guys were into beatings, not shootings.

From today's news, it sounds like the chick ventilated McNair then shot herself.

She was more than a casual hookup, as she and McNair were co-registrants of a 'Sclade.  Appears that she was a waitress at a Dave & Buster's that McNair frequented.  One of her coworkers said of her "She was 90% reliable".  (insert WTF emoticon here )

Maybe he told her he was going to pull a Sanford and break off whatever relationship they had going, and she snapped?

They found the gun by her body and she only had one bullet wound. You do the math.

I see that they had gotten pulled over a couple days before that and she was charged with DUI. He was sent home in a taxi, maybe this started the fight. He probably told her she was becoming a headache and one thing lead to another..just a theory.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/05/09 at 6:21 pm

More details from this link...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-07-05-kazemi-family_N.htm

Appears that McNair was indeed getting action on the side from the lady in question, he could not wait for his divorce to go through before partying with her.

On the brighter side, looks like McNair's wife is spared a divorce proceeding and will get all the marbles.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/05/09 at 11:39 pm

Another awful tragedy!  :\'(

RIP Steve McNair

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/08/09 at 7:23 pm

Well the ruling is in, this was indeed a case of O.P.P., see the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_mcnair_killed

McNair's bim shot him in his sleep, because she thought he was cheating on her.  Damn, talk about Karma taking a giant wet bite out of your ass.  :-[

She forgot the first rule of men "once a cheater, always a cheater".  8-P

Of course, the guy who was sharing the condo with McNair is now blabbering on about "what a great husband" McNair was.  ;D ;D

Sounds like McNair let his weiner do all the thinking for him.  He had four children by three different women (only one of whom he married) and died at the hand of a paramour who was upset that he had yet another.

I wish Muddy Waters were still alive... this would make for a GREAT blues song.

Written By: tv on 07/11/09 at 5:24 pm

This whole thing is surreal.

First off, why did this 20 year old woman buy a Caddy Escalade when she had payments on a Kia she owned? I mean she was a 20 year old making payments on A caddy Escalade.?You don;t own an Escalade when you are 20 years old. She didn't seem stable emotionally either I mean couldn't McNair see that? I think its crazy that she shot McNair to his death in his sleep and than committed suicide after shooting McNair too his death.

What was McNair thinking cheating on his wife with a 20 year old woman when he was 36 years old. I mean in my opinion anyway a 20 year old shouldn;t be dating a 36 year old and yet McNair had another lady he was seeing?

On the other side of it McNair was a tough football player I mean he would play with all kinds of injuries. He would do anything for his team too win. He shared the MVP with Colts QB Peyton Manning in 2003-2004 season and led the Titans to the Super Bowl in 1999-2000 season when they lost to the Rams.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/11/09 at 6:13 pm

This whole thing is surreal.

First off, why did this 20 year old woman buy a Caddy Escalade when she had payments on a Kia she owned? I mean she was a 20 year old making payments on A caddy Escalade.?You don;t own an Escalade when you are 20 years old. She didn't seem stable emotionally either I mean couldn't McNair see that? I think its crazy that she shot McNair to his death in his sleep and than committed suicide after shooting McNair too his death.

What was McNair thinking cheating on his wife with a 20 year old woman when he was 36 years old. I mean in my opinion anyway a 20 year old shouldn;t be dating a 36 year old and yet McNair had another lady he was seeing?

On the other side of it McNair was a tough football player I mean he would play with all kinds of injuries. He would do anything for his team too win. He shared the MVP with Colts QB Peyton Manning in 2003-2004 season and led the Titans to the Super Bowl in 1999-2000 season when they lost to the Rams.

My guess is that Steve McNair thought that he was Steve McNair and did whatever he wanted.  I mean, heck... he was cheating on the woman who he was seeing while cheating on his wife.

Why did she buy a 'Sclade?  Because Steve-O cosigned for it, and she could tell all her friends that she was dating Steve McNair.  A guy who was cheating so much out in the open isn;t doing this for the fiurst time.

As to his fame and fortune playing ball, long after most people have forgotten old what's his name, there will be four men who will have to remember how their Daddy was shot dead by his trollop while he was cheating on the mother to two of them...

But for now let's all celebrate this "great guy"...

Written By: Max Power on 07/15/09 at 6:01 pm

I'll have to disagree with Eddie George on him going to HOF...if that's what he meant ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/19/09 at 9:42 am

More news on the "hero" Steve McNair, from TMZ...

McNair did not have a will, so the courts have named his widow, Mechelle, as executrix.  According to Tennessee law, apparently the widow gets 1/3 of the estate, and his "heirs" (presumably children) get 2/3 of the estate.  In her filings, Mechelle has only listed the two children that McNair fathered with HER as heirs, leaving out his other two children (interestingly, both named Steven).

Furthermore, it seems that the "heroic" McNair was providing child support for one of the Stevens at the quite generous rate of $500 per month.

Check for new replies or respond here...