inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Billy Mays Cocaine Connection

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/07/09 at 4:06 pm

Just heard over the TV (WPXI Channel 11 here in Picksburgh) the blood work and other analysis has just come out in the Billy Mays case.

It appears that while he indeed had some heart problems, blood work revealed that he had been tooting some white powder and it wasn't oxiclean, it was cocaine.  They are going to restate the cause of death to reflect the contribution of the blow.  :-\\

Attached is a link from MFNBC.com... 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32334881/ns/us_news-life/

Subject: Re: Billy Mays Cocaine Connection

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/09 at 8:30 pm

Billy Mays was on blow...

Couldn't call it unexpected!
8)

Written By: ninny on 08/08/09 at 10:21 am

I thought it was OxiyContin.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/08/09 at 10:38 am

I thought it was OxiyContin.

Well in addition to the blow, the blood tests also showed hydrocodone(an opiate), oxycodone(derived from opium), tramadol(a synthetic opioid), lorazepam, and diazepam(Valium) in his system; these prescribed drugs were in his body "in theraputic amounts" according to the Picksburgh Press account.

With all this junk he was on via prescriptions (I am guessing for his hip problems), makes ya wonder why he needed the coke.  Although maybe he used it to perk him up because I think all of the above stuff tends to serve as "downers"...  :-\\

Written By: ninny on 08/08/09 at 10:44 am

Well in addition to the blow, the blood tests also showed hydrocodone(an opiate), oxycodone(derived from opium), tramadol(a synthetic opioid), lorazepam, and diazepam(Valium) in his system; these prescribed drugs were in his body "in theraputic amounts" according to the Picksburgh Press account.

With all this junk he was on via prescriptions (I am guessing for his hip problems), makes ya wonder why he needed the coke.  Although maybe he used it to perk him up because I think all of the above stuff tends to serve as "downers"...  :-\\

That's a lot of pain pills,did he have back problems or something?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/09 at 8:25 am

Yesterday I saw a couple a Oxiclean comemrcials on TV but they did not have Billy Mays.  Prior to this (and after Billy's death) the only ads I saw still had Billy in them.

I wonder if this was originally planned, or a response to the cocaine allegations? ???

Written By: ninny on 08/12/09 at 12:51 pm

Yesterday I saw a couple a Oxiclean comemrcials on TV but they did not have Billy Mays.  Prior to this (and after Billy's death) the only ads I saw still had Billy in them.

I wonder if this was originally planned, or a response to the cocaine allegations? ???

I saw them too. I did find this:
Two weeks after Billy Mays’s death, some producers are showing previously-unseen infomercial by the popular host, The New York Times reports.

But the decision to keep playing his ads was not a unanimous one. Church & Dwight, the makers of the stain remover OxiClean and the cleaning solution Orange Glo, has yet to put Mr. Mays’s commercials back in rotation.

In a statement this week, though, company hinted that viewers may hear “Billy Mays here for OxiClean” sometime soon. Bruce F. Fleming, its chief marketing officer, said in a statement that “while it is too early to make any specific plans, Church & Dwight will try to strike a balance between honoring the man and advancing the brand, since he had established such a solid foundation for us.”

Check for new replies or respond here...