inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alan Parsons Project band co-founder Woolfson dies

Written By: Claybricks on 12/04/09 at 9:46 pm

I just heard on the news that a book by Edgar Allan Poe sold for $662,000. I did a Google search for more information about the book and the search included the information below because it included Edgar Allan Poe.

Alan Parsons Project band co-founder Woolfson dies
(AP) – 1 day ago

BERLIN — An agent says Eric Woolfson, co-founder of the 1970s British progressive rock group Alan Parsons Project, known for the hits "Eye in the Sky" and "Don't Answer Me," has died of cancer. He was 64.

Gallissas Theaterverlag, a company that represented Woolfson in Germany, said Thursday the musician died this week in London. Woolfson's Web site said he died early Wednesday.

Woolfson was born March 18, 1945, in Glasgow, Scotland. Together with Alan Parsons he founded the group, whose music was popular in the U.S. and Germany.

After the group disbanded in the 1990s Woolfson continued to work as a music producer and composer of musicals. His musical "Edgar Allan Poe" is currently playing in Berlin.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Eric Woolfson, a founding member of the group Alan Parsons Project, has died at age 64 on Dec. 1 from cancer, reports NME.

The self-taught pianist founded the band alongside Parsons but had previously worked with Rolling Stones' producer Andrew Loog Oldman and went on to pen songs for Frank Infield.

"Eric was very much a self-made man. He couldn't read music but if you asked him to play anything he could do it straight away," said longtime friend Deborah Owen.

Woolfson sang on such Alan Parsons Project's classics as "Eye in the Sky." Woolfson later went on to write musicals after his departure from the band in 1990.

Dan

Subject: Re: Alan Parsons Project band co-founder Woolfson dies

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/05/09 at 7:07 am

Whoa, that's too bad.  :\'(

The Alan Parsons Project was awesome.  Songs like "I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You" and "I, Robot" were great college classics back in the day.

Thanks for the music and the memories, Mr. Woolfson.  :)

Written By: Henk on 12/05/09 at 9:01 am

Sad news indeed. :(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/05/09 at 9:44 am

Ah that's too bad.  I love Alan Parsons Project.  I still kick myself for not going to see them when they appeared in Wheeling, WV last summer.

Written By: joeman on 12/05/09 at 9:59 am

Sorry to hear this.  I became an APP fan a couple of years ago and love them ever since.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/05/09 at 12:07 pm

So sad. I LOVE Alan Parson's Project.

Cat

Written By: Frank on 12/05/09 at 12:43 pm

Alan Parsons project had so many great songs.
I remember the album I Robot" being played at several high school parties. Some other songs of theirs I enjoyed:

Day after day (the show must go on)
Don't answer me
Eye in the sky
Games People play
I wouldn't want to be like you
Mammagamma
Old and wise
Silence and I
Sirius
Some other time
The turn of a friendly card (part 1)
Time
To one in paradise
You're gonna get your fingers burned

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/09 at 1:11 pm

This is really sad news.

:\'(

Written By: whistledog on 12/05/09 at 2:35 pm

This is extremely sad news.  'Don't Answer Me' is one of my favourite songs.  I was actually just singing along to it in my car yesterday.

R.I.P. to a great singer

Check for new replies or respond here...