inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oscar winner Jennifer Jones dead at 90

Written By: ninny on 12/17/09 at 4:11 pm

A publicist says Jennifer Jones, who was nominated for Academy Awards five times and won for her portrayal of a saintly nun in "The Song of Bernadette," has died at age 90.

Leslie Denk, spokeswoman for the Norton Simon Museum, says Jones died Thursday at her home in Malibu. Her only son, Robert Walker, was at her side.

Jones, the widow of museum founder Norton Simon, was deeply involved in overseeing the Simon during her later years.

She was one of Hollywood's biggest stars in the 1940s and '50s, appearing in such films as "Duel in the Sun," "Love is a Many-Splendored Thing" and "The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit."

R.I.P. Jennifer  :\'(

Subject: Re: Oscar winner Jennifer Jones dead at 90

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/17/09 at 5:23 pm

:\'(

Gosh, I am so sad to hear this!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/17/09 at 6:34 pm

The Song of Bernadette is my Mom's favorite movie.

RIP Jennifer :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/17/09 at 9:36 pm

I used to watch the Jenny Jones show all the time during the 1990's.

RIP, Jenny...

Written By: ninny on 12/18/09 at 6:40 am

I used to watch the Jenny Jones show all the time during the 1990's.

RIP, Jenny...

Thats a different lady
This is the lady who passed away
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/scalphunterfire/jennifer%20jones/jennifer_jones_gallery_6.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 12/18/09 at 6:43 am

Sorry to here about Jennifer Jones but I am also interested in Robert Walker Jr.  I wondered what had happened to him, his father was a great talent and his son came as close to being a clone as anyone could.  I hope he is happier in his life than his father and brother.

Written By: ninny on 12/18/09 at 7:59 am

Sorry to here about Jennifer Jones but I am also interested in Robert Walker Jr.  I wondered what had happened to him, his father was a great talent and his son came as close to being a clone as anyone could.  I hope he is happier in his life than his father and brother.

I see he hasn't acted since 1972.

Written By: KKay on 12/18/09 at 8:16 am

Wow... Song of Bernadette is one of my top 20 movies.  I remember the first time I saw it and thought she was amazing.

She was a terrific actress.

Check for new replies or respond here...