inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brittany Murphy Dead at 32...

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/20/09 at 1:29 pm

TMZ reports that Ms. Murphy, of 8-Mile and Clueless fame, died from a cardiac arrest today.

Subject: Re: Brittany Murphy Dead at 32...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/20/09 at 1:44 pm

I just saw it on Yahoo.  A cardiac arrest at her young age.  Wonder what the autopsy will show.  Britney was one of my favorite actresses.  I thought she was great in Clueless and Girl Interrupted.  R.I.P. Britney. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mini/connie_mini_boycry.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/09 at 1:58 pm

I heard about it off of Myspace, that's she passed away, and didn't believe it, up until I saw it on Google.

She was really funny, in the film, Clueless, and seemed to have a big career ahead of her, which makes it all the more sadder.

Rest in peace, Brittany, will be sadly missed by all.

:\'(

Written By: Howard on 12/20/09 at 2:01 pm

I just saw it on Yahoo.  A cardiac arrest at her young age.  Wonder what the autopsy will show.  Britney was one of my favorite actresses.  I thought she was great in Clueless and Girl Interrupted.  R.I.P. Britney. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mini/connie_mini_boycry.gif

I wouldn't be suprised if it was drugs.  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/09 at 2:10 pm

Oh my goodness, she was so young. 

Rest in peace, Brittany.  You were taken too soon.

Written By: ninny on 12/20/09 at 2:32 pm

Oh my God, I thought this can't be true..how sad :\'(

Written By: gibbo on 12/20/09 at 2:53 pm

Now...this one IS a surprise!    :o  It will be interesting to see if this was drug assisted!

Written By: nally on 12/20/09 at 3:06 pm

Now...this one IS a surprise! :o  It will be interesting to see if this was drug assisted!

That's what I was thinking when I first saw a post about it on Facebook a little while ago.

What is happening with our young stars these days?! :o :\'(

Written By: Marian on 12/20/09 at 3:29 pm

How sad. :(

Written By: Red Ant on 12/20/09 at 4:26 pm

How sad, so much potential and so young, and this time of the year too. RIP Brittany.

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/20/09 at 4:45 pm

What is happening with our young stars these days?! :o :\'(

Same thing that's always been going on. Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin....  All snuffed themselves with dope.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/20/09 at 5:54 pm

So terribly sad... I loved her in Clueless... to die so very young....  :\'(

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/20/09 at 7:05 pm

Damnit....so freaking sad!!  :\'(  :\'( Especially so young (and close to my own age)!

RIP Brittany Murphy.  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: Frank on 12/20/09 at 7:08 pm

Very sad, and shocking.
To die so young  :\'(

Written By: 90steen on 12/20/09 at 8:16 pm

I couldn't believe it when I found out.

R.I.P.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/20/09 at 8:21 pm

OMG I can't believe it. I had just seen it Yahoo news before. So damn sad. RIP  :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 12/20/09 at 8:46 pm

I am very sad.  She was gorgeous and a very talented actress and singer. 

R.I.P. :\'(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/20/09 at 9:33 pm

I am like so sad. She was one of my favorite actresses and I respected and admired her so much. I like misted up when I heard the news. This is just terrible. All the celebs I like are leaving!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Howard on 12/21/09 at 5:25 am

Same thing that's always been going on. Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin....  All snuffed themselves with dope.

And most of them or all of them died before the age of 50.

Written By: Jessica on 12/21/09 at 9:48 am

And most of them or all of them died before the age of 50.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/dancinwdeer/captain-obvious.jpg

Written By: joeman on 12/21/09 at 12:07 pm

TMZ reports that Ms. Murphy, of 8-Mile and Clueless fame, died from a cardiac arrest today.

That sucks.  I was a fan of her.  RIP Brittany

Written By: Stompgal on 12/21/09 at 1:14 pm

I also saw this on Yahoo last night and I was so shocked by it all. It's a shame to lose someone so young. One film I saw her in was 'Uptown Girls.'

RIP Brittany.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/09 at 4:12 pm

I also saw this on Yahoo last night and I was so shocked by it all. It's a shame to lose someone so young. One film I saw her in was 'Uptown Girls.'

RIP Brittany.

I also saw her in Clueless with Alicia Silverstone.

Written By: nally on 12/21/09 at 4:13 pm

I also saw her in Clueless with Alicia Silverstone.

I did too. That was a pretty funny film.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/09 at 4:14 pm

I did too. That was a pretty funny film.

and I think she played the ditsy one.  ???

Written By: tv on 12/21/09 at 5:31 pm

I thought this was a joke but obviously not. She is from my homestate of New Jersey too originally. "Brittany Murphy" said once California is New Jersey with palm trees I saw once in a magazine article I read a few years ago.

I have heard her mom caught her unconscious in the bathroom. I think its very tragic for a 33 year old woman to die of cardiac arrest. I saw on the news this morning a shot of her looking about 10 pounds underweight of late because of the pressures of Hollywood I guess. She was famous I would guess from 1995-2002 and than just flamed out. She had a very nice smile in my opinion. It seemed she didn't let Hollywood change her in my opinion but she struggled with the baggage that comes with being famous from what I heard on the news this morning. Condolonces go out to her husband and mom. It must be a very sad time for her husband and mom because of Christmas coming up too along with the new year. Irs hard to believe people are here one day and than die the next. I mean look at what happened to Cinncinati Bengals Wide Reciever Chris Henry dieing last week. The Chris Henry death was unbelieveable now this.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/22/09 at 7:41 am

TMZ reports that the LAPD found the following prescription drugs on her nightstand:

Klonopin (anti anxiety)
Ativan (anti-anxiety)
Hydrocodone "Vicodin" (pain)
Carbamazepine (for bipolar disorder or diabetes, she was a diabetic)
Fluoxedine (anti depressant)
Vicoprofen (basically hydrocodone with ibuprofen)

There were also 3 or 4 other meds as antinflammatory, blood pressure, and antibiotic.

One would think that with this long list of such drugs, she'd be under the close monitoring of a doctor.  My guess is that these meds were prescribed by various doctors who did not know what the other guys were prescribing.

They also found empty 'script bottles that were issued in names other than that of Brittany, her hubby, or her Mum.

My guess is that the toxicology reports will find the COD is interactions of all these drugs.  :-\\

Written By: Gis on 12/22/09 at 8:24 am

I thought this was a joke but obviously not. She is from my homestate of New Jersey too originally. "Brittany Murphy" said once California is New Jersey with palm trees I saw once in a magazine article I read a few years ago.

I have heard her mom caught her unconscious in the bathroom. I think its very tragic for a 33 year old woman to die of cardiac arrest. I saw on the news this morning a shot of her looking about 10 pounds underweight of late because of the pressures of Hollywood I guess. She was famous I would guess from 1995-2002 and than just flamed out. She had a very nice smile in my opinion. It seemed she didn't let Hollywood change her in my opinion but she struggled with the baggage that comes with being famous from what I heard on the news this morning. Condolonces go out to her husband and mom. It must be a very sad time for her husband and mom because of Christmas coming up too along with the new year. Irs hard to believe people are here one day and than die the next. I mean look at what happened to Cinncinati Bengals Wide Reciever Chris Henry dieing last week. The Chris Henry death was unbelieveable now this.
10 pounds???

Good lord she was way WAY more than just 10 pounds underweight, she was painfully, shockingly thin. There are stories she was bulimic which would be no surprise given her size and that of course can lead to heart failure.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/22/09 at 9:24 am

10 pounds???

Good lord she was way WAY more than just 10 pounds underweight, she was painfully, shockingly thin. There are stories she was bulimic which would be no surprise given her size and that of course can lead to heart failure.

Of course there is also the morphine derivatives and the anti-anxiety meds she was taking.  Those will kill an appetite dead.

Written By: ninny on 12/22/09 at 9:56 am

10 pounds???

That's what I thought, that her weight loss may have lead to her having a cardiac arrest. There's also talk that she had flu like symptoms days before. The combination of being skinny and being sick,plus the medicine she was on was too much.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/09 at 2:49 pm

TMZ reports that the LAPD found the following prescription drugs on her nightstand:

Klonopin (anti anxiety)
Ativan (anti-anxiety)
Hydrocodone "Vicodin" (pain)
Carbamazepine (for bipolar disorder or diabetes, she was a diabetic)
Fluoxedine (anti depressant)
Vicoprofen (basically hydrocodone with ibuprofen)

There were also 3 or 4 other meds as antinflammatory, blood pressure, and antibiotic.

One would think that with this long list of such drugs, she'd be under the close monitoring of a doctor.  My guess is that these meds were prescribed by various doctors who did not know what the other guys were prescribing.

They also found empty 'script bottles that were issued in names other than that of Brittany, her hubby, or her Mum.

My guess is that the toxicology reports will find the COD is interactions of all these drugs.  :-\\

Wow,that is sure a lot of meds she was taken.  :o

Written By: Red Ant on 12/22/09 at 4:01 pm

Her death has been ruled by "natural causes".

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/22/09 at 5:20 pm

Ant

Actually the LA Coroner's Office has not yet ruled on a cause of death.  The autopsy did not show any signs of fowl play, but they are waiting for toxicology and other tests to come in before they issue a final opinion as to COD.

So for now the COD is officially "Deferred".  :-\\

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2009/12/21/brittany-murphy-cause-of-death-deferred-for-more-tests-says-coroner/

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/22/09 at 6:09 pm

Then again, in Hollywood, overuse of recreational pharmaceuticals is a natural cause.

Written By: Howard on 12/23/09 at 6:27 am

Hollywood Actors and Actresses think meds these days are a way to fix up your life.  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/23/09 at 9:17 am

Wow, sounds like she was a real mess, which makes her death all that more, sadder.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/23/09 at 2:28 pm

Hollywood Actors and Actresses think meds these days are a way to fix up your life.  ::)

Perhaps, but if it turns out that the prescription meds are what did her in, the DOCTORS share blame here.  They're supposed to know better.

Written By: Howard on 12/23/09 at 2:31 pm

people should always consult with their doctor before you take pills,They're the ones to talk to.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/14/10 at 12:35 pm

I also thought about her as "Christine" Lucas' (Jonathan Brandis) girlfriend from SeaQuest 2032.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/14/10 at 1:17 pm

I also thought about her as "Christine" Lucas' (Jonathan Brandis) girlfriend from SeaQuest 2032.

Do you remember what happened to Johnathan Brandis?

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/16/10 at 7:40 am

Do you remember what happened to Johnathan Brandis?

Jonathan Brandis (April 13, 1976 – November 12, 2003) also died. He died of suicide. RIP.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/21/10 at 6:38 pm

I love her work as the voice of Luanne Platter on "King of the Hill."

Check for new replies or respond here...