inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nancy Kerrigan's Father dead, her brother arrested for it

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/25/10 at 1:37 pm

Appears that primo figure skater Nancy Kerrigan's brother attacked her 70 year-old father yesterday, who died as a result.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/01/25/2010-01-25_skater_nancy_kerrigans_father_daniel_kerrigan_found_dead_her_brother_mark_charge.html

Her brother Mark 45, is now in police custody on various charges.  Apparently he's been a regular at the local constabulatory.

News reports state that Mark, who lived in his parent's basement (sort of like Frank Maresca) was not allowed to use the telephone, and then launched his attack on the elder Kerrigan (unlike the peaceful Frank Maresca).

Oddly I have not found any articles talking about murder charges being filed.  Only assault.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Nancy Kerrigan's Father dead, her brother arrested for it

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/25/10 at 8:25 pm

I heard this on the news. I  would die if I had been fighting with one of my parents and they dropped dead. (I'm not a physical person,. I just yell. )
It's sad I wouldn;;t know what to do in a situation like that!  :-\\

Written By: ninny on 01/25/10 at 10:04 pm

WOW

Written By: Jessica on 01/25/10 at 10:10 pm

WTF?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/10 at 2:17 pm

Did he yell, "Why me? Why me?" as they were carting him away?

Ok, that was really bad. I couldn't help myself.

Cat

Written By: gibbo on 01/26/10 at 4:39 pm

Tonya Harding did it.....

Written By: ninny on 01/28/10 at 9:03 am

Tonya Harding did it.....

Cleverly disguised..that's why she's being doing the World's dumbest Criminals on Tru tv..to get some hints.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/10 at 2:36 am

Such a sad story.  I only know what I read in the article, but it sounds like the family did help Mr. Kerrigan keep his mortgage paid off and his life from going completely to pieces while he was in prison.  Generally, if you "lend" a guy as troubled as Mark Kerrigan six figures, you can expect to have to write most of it off.  I don't know why they sued him. 

I'd be lying if I said I never thought about killing my father (of course, I would never DO it, but I thought about it occasionally), but he was about the meanest sonofabitch you'd ever have the displeasure of meeting.  No matter, you can't batter people, and if a person dies as a result of your assault, I say you're in for some manslaughter charges.

I forgot about Nancy Kerrigan.  Too bad I had to be reminded of her under such terrible circumstances.
:(

Check for new replies or respond here...