inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Marie Osmonds son plunges to his death.

Written By: ninny on 02/28/10 at 8:35 am

Michael Blosil, the 18-year-old son of Marie Osmond, jumped to his death Friday night from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building, leaving behind a note referring to a lifelong battle with depression.

"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," his mother said through her publicist Saturday.

Donny Osmond, his uncle, said on Saturday morning: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Tonight's "Donny & Marie" show at the Flamingo hotel in Las Vegas has been canceled.

In November 2007, Michael, then 16, entered rehab, though what he was being treated for was not disclosed.

Osmond and Michael's father, Brian Blosil, announced in March 2007 that they were divorcing after nearly 21 years of marriage. Osmond and Blosil had two biological children together and adopted five others, including Michael. Brian Blosil also adopted Osmond's child from her first marriage.

What a sad way for someone so young to decide to end it all. R.I.P. Michael :\'(

Subject: Re: Marie Osmonds son plunges to his death.

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/28/10 at 9:02 am

How heartbreaking  :\'(  Imagine feeling such despair at 18, that you think there's nothing better coming your way  :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/10 at 10:41 am

This is really sad news.

:\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 02/28/10 at 3:30 pm

So awful.  My thoughts and prayers are with the Osmond family.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/01/10 at 12:40 am

So young to be suffering so much despair.  I guess they didn't know they needed to intervene.  The ones who really want to do it won't tell anybody, they'll just do it.  Leaping from a building takes some brass balls.  I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but the kid seriously had to want out. 

Once its done, it's done.  You can't say, "Hey, Michael, you'll feel better soon.  You've got a whole life in front of you."

I hope he's with God. 
:\'(

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 03/02/10 at 3:02 am

So horribly sad... my heart aches for Marie & her entire family...  :\'(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/11/10 at 12:05 am

What the heck? I didn't know the boy committed suicide!  :o I just thought he had some illness or something. (I know depression is an illness, but you know what I mean!) Thaty truly is sad. I'd be a mess if my child killed himself or herself. That's got to be horrible for Marie. I wish I could hug her or something.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/10 at 12:29 pm

My heart goes out to the Osmonds.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/10 at 7:07 pm

The tabloids are already heaving a feast of it.  Slurs and calumny.  If you've been to a supermarket in the past week, you've seen the headlines, won't repeat them here.

Have they no shame?

No.
>:(

Check for new replies or respond here...