inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Peter Graves found dead

Written By: Dagwood on 03/14/10 at 8:49 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/14/obit.peter.graves/index.html?hpt=T1

Well the three went bam bam bam.  Sad week for actors.

Rest in peace, Mr. Graves.  You will be missed.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Peter Graves found dead

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/14/10 at 8:59 pm

This is really sad news, I just heard about it recently.

Rest in peace, Peter, you'll be sadly missed.

Written By: nally on 03/14/10 at 9:37 pm

83 is a good long life. He sure will be missed. :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 03/14/10 at 9:47 pm

I loved him in the 'Airplane' movies.  He was a great actor and will be sadly missed :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/14/10 at 10:21 pm

News outlets gave been contacting the government for comment, but The Secretary disavows any knowledge of his activities.  8)

RIP Mr Phelps...

Written By: Doc Brown on 03/14/10 at 10:38 pm

News outlets gave been contacting the government for comment, but The Secretary disavows any knowledge of his activities.  8)

RIP Mr Phelps...

For those of you too young to remember Mission: Impossible or AIRPLANE!, Peter Graves regularly appeared on 7th Heaven as Col. John Camden(one of the Grandfathers). I do hope that he had a chance to say goodbye to his daughter, perhaps by hearing a voice say, "This heart will self-destruct in 5 seconds..." ;) Farewell, Peter. We'll miss you.

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/15/10 at 12:18 am

R.I.P. Captain Over.
:\'(

Written By: Frank on 03/15/10 at 12:20 am

Sad news. Used to watch Mission Impossible as a kid. Good stuff.
And AIRPLANE!, one of the funniest movies ever.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/15/10 at 12:34 am

Sad news. Used to watch Mission Impossible as a kid. Good stuff.
And AIRPLANE!, one of the funniest movies ever.

"Mission Impossible" was my Uncle Jerry's favorite TV show.  I remember him sipping his scotch and watching Peter Graves do his thing.

Written By: Frank on 03/15/10 at 12:43 am

"Mission Impossible" was my Uncle Jerry's favorite TV show.  I remember him sipping his scotch and watching Peter Graves do his thing.

It was a good show back in the day.
I also remember Peter hosting A&E 's biography. . And he was great in Airplane as the pilot. "Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/15/10 at 12:54 am

It was a good show back in the day.
I also remember Peter hosting A&E 's biography. . And he was great in Airplane as the pilot. "Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is

Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.

Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

(Kid looks like he doesn't know what the hell to do, Captain Oveur puts his arm around Joey's shoulder)

Captain Oveur: Joey!  Have you ever seen a grown man naked?
;D

Written By: Frank on 03/15/10 at 12:58 am

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?

Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.

Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

(Kid looks like he doesn't know what the hell to do, Captain Oveur puts his arm around Joey's shoulder)

;D

When I was in University, some friends and I used to memorize the dialogue from the cockpit, from that film.
It's good stuff.  :)

Written By: gibbo on 03/15/10 at 3:02 am

Graves actually worked on a tv series made in Australia back in the late 60's called Whiplash. It was a western set around a stagecoach... I think of that series and Mission Impossible when I hear his name.

He was a good actor and will be missed!

Written By: ninny on 03/15/10 at 5:10 am

How sad, R.I.P Mr. Graves :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/15/10 at 6:46 am

I just read about him in the newspaper,RIP Mr.Graves.  :(

Written By: danootaandme on 03/15/10 at 10:30 am

Me and Peter Graves go way back,  RIP Peter

http://images3.makefive.com/images/200905/037bf3c0f51f6e42.jpg

http://news.pinkpaper.com/uploads/Mag_FilmAndTV/whiplash.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/10 at 11:39 am

;D

Joey, have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?

It is sad. He will be missed.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/17/10 at 6:59 pm

"Alright, give me a Hamm on 5, hold the Mayo."

;D

He will be definitely missed.

Check for new replies or respond here...