inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ted Koppel's son, Andrew, dies at age 40

Written By: Claybricks on 06/01/10 at 8:43 am

Ted Koppel's son, Andrew, dies at age 40

Jun 01, 2010

Andrew Koppel, son of longtime Nightline anchor Ted Koppel, was found dead early this morning in a New York City apartment.

The New York Post reports that Koppel, 40, who was an attorney for the city Housing Authority, had been drinking and went to a run-down apartment in Washington Heights around 11 p.m. last night with Russell Wimberly, a 32-year-old waiter he had met at a Hell's Kitchen bar nearly 12 hours earlier.

Koppel "was just really messed up when he came in. He was very drunk," said Belinda Caban, 53, who lives at the apartment. Koppel laid down on a bed and after a couple of hours, Caban and Wimberly discovered he was not breathing and called 911. Police detective John Sweeney told AP that Koppel was declared dead at around 1:30 a.m. The cause of death has not yet been determined.

Koppel was a resident of Queens, where the Post says he lived with his girlfriend and their baby daughter. One of Ted Koppel's four children, Andrew was convicted in 1993 of punching a senatorial aide in a drunken dust-up in Washington and was ordered into alcohol treatment, notes the Post.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/06/ted-koppels-son-andrew-dies-at-age-40-/1

Dan

Subject: Re: Ted Koppel's son, Andrew, dies at age 40

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/01/10 at 5:27 pm

I remember the 1993 incident.  It sounds like alcoholism in combination with other drugs probably got him.  That's my guess.  Poor guy.  R.I.P.
:\'(

Subject: Re: Ted Koppel's son, Andrew, dies at age 40

Written By: Howard on 06/01/10 at 7:20 pm

RIP.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...