inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trivial Pursuit co-creator Chris Haney dies at 59

Written By: Frank on 06/01/10 at 5:38 pm

Chris Haney, co-creator of Trivial Pursuit, has passed away at age 59. He died in the hospital following an extended illness, according to CBC News.

Haney, together with Scott Abbott, created the iconic board game in the 1970s - and it remains popular to this day.

In 1982, they had released the game.  In 2008, the duo had sold the rights to the game to toy giant Hasbro for a whopping $80 million.

Subject: Re: Trivial Pursuit co-creator Chris Haney dies at 59

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/01/10 at 5:43 pm

Thanks to Haney for creating one of a few board games I used to win regularly.  My sister would always win at Clue, but I always knocked her out at Trivial Pursuit!

Written By: Frank on 06/01/10 at 5:46 pm

Thanks to Haney for creating one of a few board games I used to win regularly.  My sister would always win at Clue, but I always knocked her out at Trivial Pursuit!

A bunch of friends and I played it often back in University, on fright nights...with lots of beer/alcohol...The last game took the longest to finish. A very fun game to play at any time.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/10 at 7:14 pm

I used to play Trivial Pursuit,such a fun game. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/02/10 at 12:36 am

A bunch of friends and I played it often back in University, on fright nights...with lots of beer/alcohol...The last game took the longest to finish. A very fun game to play at any time.

Trivial Pursuit as a drinking game?  Sounds like a recipe for alcohol poisoning!
:o

Written By: Frank on 06/02/10 at 11:01 pm

Trivial Pursuit as a drinking game?  Sounds like a recipe for alcohol poisoning!
:o

Any game if a drinking game in high school/college, if you try hard enough .

Written By: Howard on 06/03/10 at 6:28 am

Trivial Pursuit: The Drinking Edition.

Written By: Doc Brown on 06/03/10 at 12:30 pm

Odds are, now Chris will be the answer to a question in the next edition! I think he'd like that.

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/10 at 4:42 pm

Any game if a drinking game in high school/college, if you try hard enough .

In high school, drinking WAS a game!  You had to figure out who would buy it, where it would be bought, and where you were going to drink it, and how you were going to conceal the fact that you'd been drinking...it was alcoholic pursuit!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/drunken_smilie.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...