inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Producer David Wolper goes to that big chocolate factory in the sky

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/10 at 1:48 pm

Rest In Peace: David Wolper has died at 82. He produced TV classics such as Roots, Get Christie Love!, Thorn Birds, North & South, and more.

by and more they mean he produced one of my favs... Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Producer David Wolper goes to that big chocolate factory in the sky

Written By: nally on 08/12/10 at 5:00 pm

Rest In Peace: David Wolper has died at 82. He produced TV classics such as Roots, Get Christie Love!, Thorn Birds, North & South, and more.

by and more they mean he produced one of my favs... Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  :\'(

That's too bad. :(

I like how you worded the title though. ;)

Subject: Re: Producer David Wolper goes to that big chocolate factory in the sky

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/10 at 5:06 pm

That's too bad. :(

I like how you worded the title though. ;)

thanks!

Written By: Howard on 08/12/10 at 6:43 pm

RIP. :(

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/15/10 at 6:13 am

I heard about this too, but some death notices don't even mention that Wolper produced "Willy Wonka"....

But he did produce "Roots"...didn't he?

Written By: snozberries on 08/15/10 at 8:26 pm

I heard about this too, but some death notices don't even mention that Wolper produced "Willy Wonka"....

But he did produce "Roots"...didn't he?

He did also produce Roots which is also a fine mini-series but since I use snozberries as a moniker I thought it was obvious which of his works I prefer  ;)

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/15/10 at 9:16 pm

He did also produce Roots which is also a fine mini-series but since I use snozberries as a moniker I thought it was obvious which of his works I prefer  ;)

I know...

I have the book "Roots" and is it on DVD?

Written By: snozberries on 08/16/10 at 1:02 am

I know...

I have the book "Roots" and is it on DVD?

Yes roots and roots the next generation are on DVD. Roots the gift is still only avail on VHS.

Check for new replies or respond here...