inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Malcolm douglas -croc hunter

Written By: holicman on 09/29/10 at 5:46 pm

died on Thursday last week at the age of 69. He had his own TV show and would always be seen on a boat with his dog, and he would either be fishing or showing you how to survive in the Kimberleys. The original croc hunter, he was  quite an interesting character to watch.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/former-croc-hunter-malcolm-douglas-dies-20100923-15o3r.html

Subject: Re: Malcolm douglas -croc hunter

Written By: holicman on 09/29/10 at 5:47 pm

Here is a video based on some of the things he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUiliNiTxus

Written By: gibbo on 09/30/10 at 7:25 pm

I watched a tribute show on him a couple of nights ago. He was a tough old bugger. In that show he put a fish hook through his thumb (and earlier he hooked his leg). He was exploring The Kimberley region (with his dog and boat). That place looks fascinating...but it is so hard to get there.  I'd like to see the horizontal waterfall.....

What a life he led..... making documentaries and travelling. Sure beats my office job... :-\\

Written By: Howard on 09/30/10 at 7:26 pm

RIP. :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/10 at 9:39 pm

I watched a tribute show on him a couple of nights ago. He was a tough old bugger. In that show he put a fish hook through his thumb (and earlier he hooked his leg). He was exploring The Kimberley region (with his dog and boat). That place looks fascinating...but it is so hard to get there.  I'd like to see the horizontal waterfall.....

What a life he led..... making documentaries and travelling. Sure beats my office job... :-\\

I once suggested to an Aussie I wouldn't want to live in northern Australia because I could get eaten by a crocodile.  The Aussie launched into a tirade about how people are so dumb the go swimming in the rivers in spite of crocodile warnings and that people who mess with the crocs get what they deserve!  I think this guy was from the Darwin area.  I wondered if he might be part crocodile!  Yeah, I was drinking beer with a dude from Darwin.  Not always a great idea.
;D

Written By: gibbo on 09/30/10 at 10:11 pm

I once suggested to an Aussie I wouldn't want to live in northern Australia because I could get eaten by a crocodile.  The Aussie launched into a tirade about how people are so dumb the go swimming in the rivers in spite of crocodile warnings and that people who mess with the crocs get what they deserve!  I think this guy was from the Darwin area.  I wondered if he might be part crocodile!  Yeah, I was drinking beer with a dude from Darwin.  Not always a great idea.
;D

Geez...I won't even drink with a Darwinite... (as they are slightly less evolved  :D).  Aussies who live up North (in croc areas) have a different viewpoint than the rest of us. People down South are quite happy to wear their crocodile shoes and handbags.  The croc numbers are way out of control presently...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/10 at 10:56 pm

Geez...I won't even drink with a Darwinite... (as they are slightly less evolved  :D).   Aussies who live up North (in croc areas) have a different viewpoint than the rest of us. People down South are quite happy to wear their crocodile shoes and handbags.  The croc numbers are way out of control presently...

The History Channel is doing a show called "Swamp People" about the Creole people who live in the swamps of Louisiana and hunt alligators.  The guys who hunt the crocodiles might be a similar type of redneck.  Crocs can get up to 18+ feet.  Gators only to 12 feet, but it's a scary 12 feet!
:o

Written By: gibbo on 09/30/10 at 11:01 pm

The History Channel is doing a show called "Swamp People" about the Creole people who live in the swamps of Louisiana and hunt alligators.  The guys who hunt the crocodiles might be a similar type of redneck.  Crocs can get up to 18+ feet.  Gators only to 12 feet, but it's a scary 12 feet!

Our crocs will eat your gators.... 8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/01/10 at 8:41 am

Gator meat tastes like chicken.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/10 at 9:03 pm

Those huge salties from the estuaries up there are like the scariest monster you ever had a nightmare about!  You couldn't get me anywhere near one of those things!  They're the frikkin' Leviathan!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/10 at 9:06 pm

Gator meat tastes like chicken.   ;)

It's a lot easier to kill a chicken and more fun!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vampy.gif

Written By: Howard on 10/09/10 at 5:24 am

It's a lot easier to kill a chicken and more fun!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vampy.gif

But killing a gator?  :o

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/09/10 at 6:29 pm

It's a lot easier to kill a chicken and more fun! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vampy.gif

Beheading it or choking it?

Written By: Howard on 10/10/10 at 6:59 am

Beheading it or choking it?

choke the chicken.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/10 at 12:36 am

choke the chicken.  ;)

Drain the gator?

???

Written By: Howard on 10/11/10 at 6:46 am

Drain the gator?

???

doesn't sound the same as choking the chicken.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/12/10 at 7:53 pm

doesn't sound the same as choking the chicken.

Or milking the monster

Or shooting putty at the moon!
:P

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/13/10 at 2:42 am

Drain the gator? ???

When you're up to your ass in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Pardon me, I'm off to GIS Christine O'Donnell drain the swamp.

Written By: Howard on 10/13/10 at 6:47 am

Or milking the monster

Or shooting putty at the moon!
:P

I thought this thread was about Malcolm Douglas?  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/10 at 8:53 pm

When you're up to your ass in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

When you're up to your ass in alligators, you don't even get to bend over and kiss it goodbye!
:-*

Written By: Howard on 10/16/10 at 7:06 am

When you're up to your ass in alligators, you don't even get to bend over and kiss it goodbye!
:-*

they'll wind up eating it goodbye.

Check for new replies or respond here...