inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Laurie Bembenek's Final Escape...

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/21/10 at 2:48 pm

Playboy bunny and cause célèbre, Lawrencia (Laurie) "Bambi" Bembenek passed away this weekend from liver failure. She was 52 years old.

Aside from her Playboy activities and career as a Milwaukee cop,  Laurie obtained notoriety in 1981 when her husband's ex-wife showed up dead and she went on the lam in 1990. Her original conviction was reversed, but to avoid the risk of any more jail time, she pled no contest to 2nd degree murder in exchange for no more jail time.

http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/news_details/article/1373/2010/november/21/ex-playboy-model-convicted-of-murder-dies-in-ore.html

In later years she lost part of one leg after she jumped out a second story window to avoid an arranged appearance on Dr. Phil, and won a lawsuit against the show as a result.

:\'(

Subject: Re: Laurie Bembenek's Final Escape...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/22/10 at 1:53 am

She gets no sympathy from me for blowing away her husband's ex, but I too would rather jump out a window than talk to Dr. Phil!

R.I.P. Lawrencia Bemebenik
August 15, 1958 -- November 20, 2010

Written By: Howard on 11/22/10 at 6:39 am

RIP.  :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/25/10 at 8:50 am

She gets no sympathy from me for blowing away her husband's ex, but I too would rather jump out a window than talk to Dr. Phil!

R.I.P. Lawrencia Bemebenik
August 15, 1958 -- November 20, 2010

My thoughts exactly.

Check for new replies or respond here...