inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I want to cry from the depths of my soul.

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/08/10 at 5:48 pm

It has been confirmed that Aretha Franklin is now battling the same insidious cancer(pancreatic) that killed Patrick Swayze and Luciano Pavarotti. All fans pray to God that the Freeway Of Love leads to that great record studio in the sky. At least I know when the Queen of Soul sees the Almighty, she has just the right song to break into: "I Knew You Were Waiting".

http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/08/aretha-franklin-cancer/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C2%7Clink4%7C29992

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Subject: Re: I want to cry from the depths of my soul.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/08/10 at 7:36 pm

Very horrible, sad news... Aretha is in my thoughts and prayers as she battles this awful disease... :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/08/10 at 7:36 pm

I'm with you there, Doc.  We're going to lose Aretha in pretty short order.  She gave us thirty years of great music and then got to sing at the first African-American president's inauguration.  She's lead a stellar life.  

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/08/10 at 7:39 pm

This is really sad news, indeed.

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/08/10 at 8:44 pm

This is really sad news, indeed.

At first the headline only said 'illness', but when the link said it 'killed movie star last year', before I even opened the article, Patrick appeared in my mind, and I just wanted to scream "NOT AGAIN!"

So many good people lost to these cursed diseases and still, scientists are still working so hard, not to develop cures, but to create such idiotic luxuries as movies on cellphones, steal-an-album websites, and portable reading screens(HEY STUPID, EVER HEAR OF A PAPERBACK!? >:()

I lay the blame for all these unnecessary deaths at the feet of these moneygrubbers. Can't they make anything that actually benefits mankind? There's something I'd like to hear Aretha sing about before she's silenced. At least, with the raising of awareness and the hope of reform, her eventual death would not be so... senseless.

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/09/10 at 5:29 am

So many good people lost to these cursed diseases and still, scientists are still working so hard to created such idiotic luxuries as movies on cellphones, steal-an-album websites, and portable reading screens(HEY STUPID, EVER HEAR OF A PAPERBACK!?)

Well they are working on SOME diseases.  Thus we have the wonder drug Latisse, which helps one to grow longer and thicker eyelashes.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/09/10 at 6:52 am

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2010/12/9/1291895392994/Aretha-Franklin-006.jpg

I wish her all the best but this thread shouldn't be in Celebrity Heaven because she's not dead,She's still with us and last time I read about it,she's feeling a little better.

Check for new replies or respond here...