inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: David Nelson-Rickys Big Brother

Written By: danootaandme on 01/12/11 at 10:32 am

For those of us who remember Ozzie and Harriet, David Nelson has passed away.  Another teenage heartthrob  :\'(

http://www.ricknelson.com/mags/tvstarpar1157/tvstarparade1157.jpg

Subject: Re: David Nelson-Rickys Big Brother

Written By: holicman on 01/13/11 at 6:34 am

how old was he ?

Written By: Howard on 01/13/11 at 6:39 am

how old was he ?

Written By: Howard on 01/13/11 at 6:40 am

Yep,and that's the end of Ozzie And Harriet,there are no more surviving members. :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/13/11 at 4:55 pm

Yep,and that's the end of Ozzie And Harriet,there are no more surviving members. :(

I had been hoping for a reunion show, but with David now gone there would be no point of it.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/13/11 at 7:13 pm

I had been hoping for a reunion show, but with David now gone there would be no point of it.  :-\\

Harriet passed away in 1994,think she had pneumonia. ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/11 at 8:23 pm

Last of the Nelsons.
:\'(

Ricky died with six others (including his fiance) when his private plane crashed in 1985.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/11 at 6:32 am

I wonder if they'll make a film about Ozzie And Harriet? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/11 at 7:43 am

It is sad but at least he did die tragically like his brother. We do have the next generation of Nelsons still around-Tracy & her brothers-the singing group Nelson (twins). They are Ricky's kids-David's niece & nephews.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 01/14/11 at 8:14 am

It is sad but at least he did die tragically like his brother. We do have the next generation of Nelsons still around-Tracy & her brothers-the singing group Nelson (twins). They are Ricky's kids-David's niece & nephews.

Cat

Well...they really aren't so much, wouldn't have been anything without the Nelson name.  Ricky was the real deal. They are also niece/nephews of Mark Harmon, their mother was his sister.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/11 at 7:21 pm

Cat

Are those the guys in the music video? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/11 at 9:06 am

Well...they really aren't so much, wouldn't have been anything without the Nelson name.  Ricky was the real deal. They are also niece/nephews of Mark Harmon, their mother was his sister.

I dunno.  Tracy was definitely a hottie in her day.  'Specially when she played the nun on TV with David Doyle.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/15/11 at 3:04 pm

I dunno.  Tracy was definitely a hottie in her day.  'Specially when she played the nun on TV with David Doyle.

I was thinking of Gunnar and what's his name.  There was another brother but I don't have any idea what happened with him.

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 11:32 pm

Cat

I was going to mention the nelson off spring as well  

also Kris Harmon (-Nelson) is still alive...she's not technically a nelson but she was married to Ricky and appeared on the series for a few seasons.

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 11:34 pm

I was thinking of Gunnar and what's his name.  There was another brother but I don't have any idea what happened with him.

Matthew  ;D funny that Gunnar is the one who's name everyone remembers  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/11 at 9:24 am

It is Tom Bosley-not David Doyle (David Doyle played Bosley on Charlie's Angels so they are often confused.)

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...