inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/11 at 11:40 am

Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London, it has been reported.

The Back To Black singer was apparently found at 4pm and her death is believed to be unexplained.

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of her European tour after she was jeered at her comeback gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her musical career in recent years.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two ambulances but the woman died, it said.

Subject: Re: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/11 at 11:43 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1evzhSast8

:\'(

Written By: nally on 07/23/11 at 11:45 am

wow... this does seem to be somewhat surprising, but I had no idea it would come so soon.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her musical career in recent years.

This I have been aware of.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two ambulances but the woman died, it said.

Still, it is kinda sad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/11 at 11:47 am

A very sad day, I was hoping that she would get her act straight and be performing again.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/11 at 11:47 am

I had a premonition Ms Winehouse wasn't going to live to be thirty.  Tragic to lose somebody that young to drink (which I assume was the cause).

She was 27, just like Janis Joplin.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tearyeyed.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tearyeyed.gif

Written By: nally on 07/23/11 at 11:49 am

A very sad day, I was hoping that she would get her act straight and be performing again.

Yeah, hopefully she would clean up her life, especially since one of her earliest singles, "Rehab", became a big hit in '07.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/11 at 11:50 am

Dying at the age of 27, she has now become the newest member of the "27 Club".

Written By: Ryan112390 on 07/23/11 at 11:53 am

She's in good company and she deserves it (not being dead, but being in that "Club"). I always viewed her as a true artist.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/23/11 at 12:07 pm

Very sad, I remember she had some nice success back in 2007, I was hoping she'd clean herself up.  :\'(

Written By: ninny on 07/23/11 at 12:09 pm

How sad and tragic. You wonder if some celebrities get it in their head that they are going to die young, so they just crash and burn and don't really try to stop it. :\'(

Written By: 80sfan on 07/23/11 at 12:29 pm

For some strange reason I'm still shocked even though I saw it coming. I guess my reason and emotions aren't on the same page!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 07/23/11 at 12:38 pm

So very sad. The saddest part perhaps is that this news isn't a surprise...  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/11 at 12:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL_OpQQA28w

Amy Winehouse, aged 14, on The Fast Show.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/23/11 at 12:54 pm

RIP, Amy.  :\'(

You shoulda gone to rehab...  :-\\

Written By: Stompgal on 07/23/11 at 1:04 pm

I was listening to the Request Show with Reggie Yates on BBC Radio 1 when he announced the news. I was in shock and I didn't think it would come around so soon. My mum predicted that Amy would be dead before the age of 30 and she was right.

RIP Amy. You were an influential artist of the last decade, your music was fantastic and you will be greatly missed by your family and fans.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/23/11 at 1:53 pm

So very sad. The saddest part perhaps is that this news isn't a surprise...  :\'(

I agree, I wasn't surprised at all.  It is still sad, she was so young.  I hope you finally found peace, Ms. Winehouse.

Written By: Claybricks on 07/23/11 at 2:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcNamirwTaY

Michael Jackson - Gone Too Soon {1991}

R.I.P. Amy

Dan

Written By: snozberries on 07/23/11 at 2:33 pm

Jessica's facebook status is classic!!!! I must find her and give her karma for this

Amy Winehouse died. Shocking. Not. In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/11 at 3:17 pm

Her cause of death is still yet unexplained, but there is a police conference due within the next hour.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/23/11 at 4:22 pm

Not surprised!

Written By: Paul on 07/23/11 at 4:26 pm

Amy Winehouse died. Shocking. Not. In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

Wasn't there also something about bears going in the woods and the Pope being Catholic?

Written By: snozberries on 07/23/11 at 5:43 pm

Wasn't there also something about bears going in the woods and the Pope being Catholic?

;D  karma

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/23/11 at 5:47 pm

I must agree, this news is hardly shocking, but nevertheless tragic.
RIP Amy, how much irony will "Rehab" drip with from now on?
Some people did ask for induction into the 27 club, but not all. Let us never forget how much more music and inspiration for other artists we would have if this sad group did not come into being.

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Written By: holicman on 07/23/11 at 6:49 pm

so shes dead, her music sucked anyway,sorry, wasnt a fan, and I dont really care, but she will go down  in history as the same age as KurtCobain,Jim morrison, Janis Joplin and jim Hendrix,Shannon Hoon all died at 27, all died over drug/alcohol issues.

Written By: snozberries on 07/23/11 at 6:51 pm

so shes dead, her music sucked anyway,sorry, wasnt a fan, and I dont really care, but she will go down  in history as the same age as KurtCobain,Jim morrison, Janis Joplin and jim Hendrix,Shannon Hoon all died at 27, all died over drug/alcohol issues.

I don't think I've ever listened to her...If i have heard her I had no idea it was her.....

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/23/11 at 7:02 pm

"If you ask if she's in Heaven, I think No...No...No."
Holic and snoz are right, these people should not be honored because of their stupid choices. Perhaps that group should be called the "Just Said Yes" Club.

Your Pal,
Doc

>:(

Written By: Howard on 07/23/11 at 7:18 pm

I had a premonition Ms Winehouse wasn't going to live to be thirty.  Tragic to lose somebody that young to drink (which I assume was the cause).

She was 27, just like Janis Joplin.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tearyeyed.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tearyeyed.gif

eventually It's all gonna come back and kill ya.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/11 at 7:20 pm

How sad and tragic. You wonder if some celebrities get it in their head that they are going to die young, so they just crash and burn and don't really try to stop it. :\'(

I was hoping she'd get her act together but unfortunately the drugs must've took it's toll on her. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 07/23/11 at 7:21 pm

RIP, Amy.  :\'(

You shoulda gone to rehab...  :-\\

She said No No No.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/11 at 7:23 pm

Her cause of death is still yet unexplained, but there is a police conference due within the next hour.

probably a drug overdose.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/11 at 7:41 pm

Holic and snoz are right, these people should not be honored because of their stupid choices. Perhaps that group should be called the "Just Said Yes" Club.

Your Pal,
Doc

What about on a basic human level?  I've lost friends and loved ones to drugs and alcohol.  Addiction is a devastating illness.  You'd do anything to get the person you care about to stop taking drugs/drink.  An addict isn't the sum of a person and it breaks your heart watching them destroy their lives.

In the case of Amy Winehouse -- like Kurt, Janis, Jim, and Jimmi -- fans made the stupid mistake of romanticizing the disease.  There will be another twenty-something pop star on the way to an early grave and fans will repeat the mistake. 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/23/11 at 8:18 pm

What about on a basic human level?  I've lost friends and loved ones to drugs and alcohol.  Addiction is a devastating illness.  You'd do anything to get the person you care about to stop taking drugs/drink.  An addict isn't the sum of a person and it breaks your heart watching them destroy their lives.

Exactly.  I don't know what demons she was living with, what happened to make her the person she was.  I wouldn't want to hang out with her, but I wish she, and all those like her, was able to get the help needed to put those demons to rest without dying for it.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/23/11 at 9:18 pm

Tragic!    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse

Written By: Dagwood on 07/23/11 at 9:27 pm

Exactly.  I don't know what demons she was living with, what happened to make her the person she was.  I wouldn't want to hang out with her, but I wish she, and all those like her, was able to get the help needed to put those demons to rest without dying for it.

Well said, Danoota.

Written By: whistledog on 07/23/11 at 9:38 pm

A human being has died  :\'(

Amy Winehouse has died  :(

A drug addict has died  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/23/11 at 9:45 pm

Shannon Hoon was 28 when he bit it...

Written By: snozberries on 07/23/11 at 9:52 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

Don't include me in your posts. I don't care because I don't care.  Im not about to  place winhouse on a pedestal nor am I judging her.  I genuinely don't care about her life or death. But I don't want you to use my opinion as agreement or approval for your judgmental attitude.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/11 at 9:54 pm

I remember that.  The guy from Blind Melon.  He overdosed on cocaine in 1995.

Don't forget Ron "Pigpen" McKernan, keyboardist for the Grateful Dead.  He was also 27.  He died in 1973 from alcohol abuse on top of congenital cirrhosis.

Written By: Stig on 07/23/11 at 10:53 pm

Dying at the age of 27, she has now become the newest member of the "27 Club".

So, how many years does Justin Bieber have left? 10?

Written By: whistledog on 07/23/11 at 10:55 pm

So, how many years does Justin Bieber have left? 10?

Sooner than that if we are lucky :P

Written By: Stig on 07/23/11 at 10:56 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

How do you know she ain't in heaven. Are you god?

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/23/11 at 11:34 pm

In the case of Amy Winehouse -- like Kurt, Janis, Jim, and Jimmi -- fans made the stupid mistake of romanticizing the disease. 

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/35/MPW-17584

This. 

So depressingly true that I couldn't bring myself to 'shop her into the pic with an "I'mma let you finish, but..." caption. 

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/24/11 at 12:13 am

Frankly, she was a talented individual who lost her life, whether is was to drugs or a car crash, its tragic.

If you want to judge her life, go ahead. It won't change the loss.

Drug and alcohol addition is a powerful illness, and to judge her for that alone is missing the point.

The fact is we've lost another very gifted individual that will no longer contribute to making joyful sounds that all the world can enjoy. There are just too few of true gifted music/vocal talents that come to this earth.

We have SO many poor excuses for "artists" nowadays, why is it the talented ones all seem to pass, and other ones with not much more than an electronic modifier or auto tune device as a claim to fame get to survive?

RIP, Amy Winehouse, too much talent, too young and too damn soon.

Damn.  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/11 at 12:44 am

Alright I broke down and listened to three music videos. Well I listened to the first couple of bars of the songs. I stopped the videos when I got bored. 30 seconds is my amy w. tolerance level.  She's not untalented I just don't like it. The three songs I heard (what I heard of them) sounded identical.

My position has not changed I'm not judging her lifestyle or life issues I just couldn't care any less about her or them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/11 at 2:38 am

A section of the road where the singer lived in Camden, north London, remains cordoned off.

Journalists, local residents and fans are gathered at the police tapes, and forensic officers have been seen going in and out of the building.

Written By: holicman on 07/24/11 at 2:43 am

ah well I was one year off, I was pretty confident he was around  the same age though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/11 at 2:49 am

Amy Whitheouse being of the Jewish Faith, her funeral has to be held today, the police post mortem may hold up the ceremony.

Written By: Louise1978 on 07/24/11 at 4:01 am

This is a tragic waste of a young talented life.I wasn't surprised to hear that she died,but still it's very sad.I feel for her family,friends and fans.RIP Amy Winehouse. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 07/24/11 at 7:14 am

She should've gotten the help that she needed,she would've been alive today.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/11 at 7:16 am

This. 

So depressingly true that I couldn't bring myself to 'shop her into the pic with an "I'mma let you finish, but..." caption. 

That's a very nice touching poster.

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/24/11 at 8:08 am

Another 27 Death...how sad. :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/11 at 8:39 am

This.  

Alright so I'd've recognized Janis, Jim, Kurt & Hendrix w/o u mentioning them but who's the dude with Beatles/Monkees hairdo?

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/24/11 at 9:02 am

Alright so I'd've recognized Janis, Jim, Kurt & Hendrix w/o u mentioning them but who's the dude with Beatles/Monkees hairdo?

Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones.

He was 27 when they found him dead in a swimming pool...too bad, he was a very talented musician from The Rolling Stones. He played the Sitar on "Paint it Black", Dulcimer on "Lady Jane", Marimba on "Under my Thumb", Accordion on "Back Street Girl", Recorder on "Ruby Tuesday", Mellotron on "2000 Year Man", and made a cameo on The Beatles "You Know my Name (Look Up the Number)" as the sax player.

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/11 at 9:33 am

Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones.

He was 27 when they found him dead in a swimming pool...too bad, he was a very talented musician from The Rolling Stones. He played the Sitar on "Paint it Black", Dulcimer on "Lady Jane", Marimba on "Under my Thumb", Accordion on "Back Street Girl", Recorder on "Ruby Tuesday", Mellotron on "2000 Year Man", and made a cameo on The Beatles "You Know my Name (Look Up the Number)" as the sax player.

thx....never heard of him....obviously I know the stones but beyond Mick the only stone I can name is Ron Wood

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/11 at 10:40 am

Amy Winehouse's family issue a statement about the singer's death saying she leaves a "gaping hole" in their lives.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/11 at 12:27 pm

thx....never heard of him....obviously I know the stones but beyond Mick the only stone I can name is Ron Wood

Google "Brian Jones"... all sorts of conspiracy theories about his death.

Dude had absolutely no self control whatsoever.  By the time he was 27 he had fathered six children by six different women, none his wife, but two were to other men's wives and two were to teenage girls.  He did booze, LSD, reefer, coke, meth, you name it.

It got to the point where he could hardly play any instrument at all.  A big American tour was in the planning stages, but due to a number of drug arrests back in Mother England, an entry visa into the USA was problematic.  So the other Stones threw him out of the band (a band which, by the way, he had founded).

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/11 at 12:53 pm

Dude had absolutely no self control whatsoever.  By the time he was 27 he had fathered six children by six different women, none his wife, but two were to other men's wives and two were to teenage girls.  He did booze, LSD, reefer, coke, meth, you name it.

sounds like rock & roll sop especially in the 60s/70s

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/24/11 at 12:56 pm

I was hoping she'd get her act together but unfortunately the drugs must've took it's toll on her. :\'(

That was basically the headline of the New York Post today, Howard.
And snozzie? I did not mean to make you sound judgemental, but this was such a preventable tragedy if only she had accepted help when it was offered. But one must admit, she made her bed, and she died in it(and all I said, Stig, was "I think", I did not decide, but if I turn out to be correct, it will not surprise me). I save all my sympathy for Winehouse's family, they need it more.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/11 at 1:02 pm

I wonder who will play her in the inevitable movie that will come out? ???

How about Chelsea Peretti?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/dostuff-production/photos/993805/7bd6e152cb1be1b4e1c4a48ebc029de3_poster.jpeg

Written By: Howard on 07/24/11 at 1:12 pm

I wonder who will play her in the inevitable movie that will come out? ???

How about Chelsea Peretti?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/dostuff-production/photos/993805/7bd6e152cb1be1b4e1c4a48ebc029de3_poster.jpeg

That looks like a good idea but does speak with a British accent? ??? ???

Written By: Claybricks on 07/24/11 at 1:24 pm

Amy Winehouse 'died following ecstasy and booze binge'

Posted by: 3am  24/07/11  10:03 am

We’re not sure about you lot, but we’re still feeling pretty stunned about the death of Amy Winehouse yesterday. What a tragic waste. And although we’re reeling from the shock, we’re not completely surprised to discover that our brethren over on the Sunday Mirror report that Amy’s death followed a binge on ecstasy and booze.

Amy, who battled with heroin and alcohol addictions, spending stints in rehab, was apparently found at home yesterday afternoon by her bodyguard. The police and paramedics arrived around 4pm, but Amy was said to be ‘beyond help’.

A neighbour said: “At about 3.30pm I heard crying from next door... terrible crying like somebody mourning. The ambulances and police cars arrived shortly after that.”

A few hours later, at 8.45pm, Amy’s body was brought out and taken to a private ambulance.

Her dad Mitch didn’t find out for a while, due to the fact he was flying across America as part of his jazz tour, but he said from New York: “I’m getting the next plane back. I’m coming home. I have to be with Amy.

“I can’t crack up for her sake. My family need me. I’m devastated, it’s such a shock.”

Her mum Janis said that she thought Amy’s death was only a ‘matter of time’ when  they met up just 24 hours before she died. Janis said: “She seemed out of it. But her passing so suddenly still hasn’t hit me.”

Janis added that Amy said ‘I love you mum’ at the end of their day together. She said: “They are the words I will always treasure,” said Janis. “I’m glad I saw her when I did.”

One of Amy’s friends, who said she’d been partying with her for the past few weeks claimed that she died from a bad ecstasy pill. She said: “It was an ecstasy overdose. She could do cocaine until the cows come home. But this was obviously a dodgy pill.”

MTV producer Danny Panthaki also claimed that Amy died due to ecstasy: He said: “My friend’s boyfriend is a policeman, and he’s the one who found Amy Winehouse dead. Overdosed on ecstasy.”

The video above was taken of Amy just three days ago at the iTunes festival where she was dancing along on stage in support of her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield.

Amy’s tragic death puts her in the “27 Club” of troubled stars who died at the same age, alongside Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin.

So sad.

http://www.3am.co.uk/amy-winehouse-died-following-ecstasy-and-booze-binge/28678/

Dan

Written By: Howard on 07/24/11 at 1:28 pm

I saw her last concert on youtube,It was just too painful to sit through.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/11 at 1:40 pm

I saw her last concert on youtube,It was just too painful to sit through.
It was shown on the news broadcasts here, and yes it is too painful to watch.

Written By: nally on 07/24/11 at 2:37 pm

They certainly did. Too much of that will come back to haunt ya.

Written By: nally on 07/24/11 at 2:40 pm

probably a drug overdose.

That's what I'm thinking too, but no one can be too sure.

This. 

That's a very nice touching poster.
Yes it is.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/24/11 at 2:52 pm

Keith Richards?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/11 at 2:52 pm

Keith Richards?
Charlie Watts!

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/11 at 2:56 pm

Keith Richards?

oh yeah... and him.... I think I only know Ron Wood (that's his name right) cuz that dispatcher I hate is a freaking stones fan. I've never been a fan but I hate them even more now!  ;D  she talked about them alot when they were touring a yr or two ago I tuned most of it out but obviously something stuck.  ::)

and to be honest when I typed Ron Wood I'm pretty sure I was thinking about Keith Richards

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/11 at 2:57 pm

Charlie Watts!

nope...don't know him

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/11 at 3:01 pm

nope...don't know him
He is the drummer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/11 at 3:01 pm

Keith Richards?
Bill Wyman

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/11 at 3:01 pm

He is the drummer.

okay...I may or may not remember that in the future... :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/24/11 at 6:54 pm

Brian Jones, one of The Rolling Stones.

Fixed that for you.

s1yr8w_vZ5E
  - Psychic TV, Godstar, 1985.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/11 at 7:25 pm

Bill Wyman

Let's not forget Ian Stewart either.  He was an original member, but was kicked out of the main lineup because he looked "too square".  He did, however, play session piano for the Stones all the way up to his death in 1985 from a heart attack.  He is the "Stu" in Led Zeppelin's recording "Boogie with Stu" on Led Zep IV.

When the Stones were inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame, they requested that Stu's name be included.  8)

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/1969370/Ian+Stewart.jpg

Written By: Howard on 07/25/11 at 7:05 am

It was shown on the news broadcasts here, and yes it is too painful to watch.

she stumbled a lot,forgot her lyrics,kept twirling her hair,confused a lot.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/11 at 7:06 am

They certainly did. Too much of that will come back to haunt ya.

you live by the booze you die by the booze.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/11 at 7:07 am

That's what I'm thinking too, but no one can be too sure.

Yes it is.

newspaper today said she had a bottle of Ecstacy pills next to her.

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/25/11 at 12:52 pm

Fixed that for you.

s1yr8w_vZ5E
  - Psychic TV, Godstar, 1985.

Okay...

Some people think that Mick Jagger killed Brian Jones...or his own wife, but we'll never know.

Written By: nally on 07/25/11 at 1:24 pm

you live by the booze you die by the booze.

My maternal uncle did for much of his adult life. He contracted hepatitis C from a blood transfusion in 1978, and never did anything about it; he just loaded up on alcoholic beverages. That led to liver disease, which took his life in May 1999.

Written By: Claybricks on 07/25/11 at 3:52 pm

Jul 25 2011 2:39 PM EDT

Amy Winehouse Autopsy Inconclusive

Further tests needed to determine cause of singer's death on Saturday.

By Gil Kaufman

It could be several more weeks before we find out what caused singer Amy Winehouse's death on Saturday at the age of 27. Police announced on Monday (July 25) that initial autopsy results were inconclusive and that additional toxicology tests were needed.

According to The Associated Press, those toxicology screens could take two to four weeks to complete. Winehouse was found dead in bed at her Camden, England, apartment on Saturday afternoon, and initial reports indicate that no drugs were found in the flat.

In 2008, Winehouse's father, Mitch, revealed that years of smoking and drug-taking had resulted in his daughter suffering from the early stages of the incurable pulmonary ailment emphysema, which had scarred her lungs. Since rising to fame in 2006, Winehouse had struggled with a number of health issues and been hospitalized on a number of occasions for various ailments.

Click for photos of Amy Winehouse's life and career.

She also struggled with drug and alcohol abuse, which resulted in Winehouse's notoriously spotty live performance record, cemented in June by the cancellation of a planned European comeback tour after a disastrous gig in Belgrade. (Read one MTV News staffer's account of an early Winehouse show in the Newsroom.)

The coroner has adjourned the inquest into the singer's death, which will allow Winehouse's family to plan her funeral, which could take place as early as Tuesday. The coroner previously said that police have found no suspicious circumstances surrounding the Back to Black crooner's death.

Winehouse's father, a cab driver-turned-lounge-singer, flew back to England on Sunday in the wake of his daughter's death and visited her Camden apartment on Monday morning. According to BBC News, he thanked her fans — who have gathered in a vigil outside the building — for their support. "I can't tell you what this means to us. It really is making this a lot easier for us," he told the gathered mourners. "Amy was about one thing and that was love. Her whole life was devoted to her family and her friends and to you guys as well."

The singer's mother, Janis, and brother, Alex, also visited the site to see the collection of flowers, cards and photos that Winehouse's admirers have left. On Sunday, the family released a statement in which they said, "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives. We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."

Will You Remember Winehouse More For Her Music Or Troubles? Tell Us on Facebook.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667860/amy-winehouse-autopsy.jhtml

Dan

Written By: Howard on 07/26/11 at 6:38 am

Jul 25 2011 2:39 PM EDT

Amy Winehouse Autopsy Inconclusive

Further tests needed to determine cause of singer's death on Saturday.

By Gil Kaufman

It could be several more weeks before we find out what caused singer Amy Winehouse's death on Saturday at the age of 27. Police announced on Monday (July 25) that initial autopsy results were inconclusive and that additional toxicology tests were needed.

According to The Associated Press, those toxicology screens could take two to four weeks to complete. Winehouse was found dead in bed at her Camden, England, apartment on Saturday afternoon, and initial reports indicate that no drugs were found in the flat.

In 2008, Winehouse's father, Mitch, revealed that years of smoking and drug-taking had resulted in his daughter suffering from the early stages of the incurable pulmonary ailment emphysema, which had scarred her lungs. Since rising to fame in 2006, Winehouse had struggled with a number of health issues and been hospitalized on a number of occasions for various ailments.

Click for photos of Amy Winehouse's life and career.

She also struggled with drug and alcohol abuse, which resulted in Winehouse's notoriously spotty live performance record, cemented in June by the cancellation of a planned European comeback tour after a disastrous gig in Belgrade. (Read one MTV News staffer's account of an early Winehouse show in the Newsroom.)

The coroner has adjourned the inquest into the singer's death, which will allow Winehouse's family to plan her funeral, which could take place as early as Tuesday. The coroner previously said that police have found no suspicious circumstances surrounding the Back to Black crooner's death.

Winehouse's father, a cab driver-turned-lounge-singer, flew back to England on Sunday in the wake of his daughter's death and visited her Camden apartment on Monday morning. According to BBC News, he thanked her fans — who have gathered in a vigil outside the building — for their support. "I can't tell you what this means to us. It really is making this a lot easier for us," he told the gathered mourners. "Amy was about one thing and that was love. Her whole life was devoted to her family and her friends and to you guys as well."

The singer's mother, Janis, and brother, Alex, also visited the site to see the collection of flowers, cards and photos that Winehouse's admirers have left. On Sunday, the family released a statement in which they said, "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives. We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."

Will You Remember Winehouse More For Her Music Or Troubles? Tell Us on Facebook.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667860/amy-winehouse-autopsy.jhtml

Dan

She must've done something to cause her own death?  ???

Written By: Tia on 07/26/11 at 9:31 am

Let's not forget Ian Stewart either.  He was an original member, but was kicked out of the main lineup because he looked "too square".  He did, however, play session piano for the Stones all the way up to his death in 1985 from a heart attack.  He is the "Stu" in Led Zeppelin's recording "Boogie with Stu" on Led Zep IV.
i think boogie with stu is actually from physical graffiti. and yes, that guy does look kinda "square."

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/11 at 1:52 pm

The family and friends of Amy Winehouse have paid their final respects to the singer at a crematorium in north London.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/11 at 3:01 pm

The scene of Winehouse's death, she said, "was investigated by police and determined non-suspicious."

A post-mortem examination also took place on Monday. No cause of death has yet been given.

Results of further toxicology tests could take up to four weeks

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/26/11 at 3:09 pm

The scene of Winehouse's death, she said, "was investigated by police and determined non-suspicious."

A post-mortem examination also took place on Monday. No cause of death has yet been given.

How long can it possibly take to confirm the obvious!?
The woman drugged herself to death, perhaps not in one shot, but slowly and gradually until her self-abused body could stand no more.

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: Howard on 07/26/11 at 7:50 pm

I'm guessing it was a drug overdose.

Written By: Stig on 07/28/11 at 3:57 pm

KAOS Agent:  Look, I'm a sportsman. I'll let you choose the way you want to die.
Maxwell Smart:  All right, how about old age?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/11 at 4:47 pm

How long can it possibly take to confirm the obvious!?
The woman drugged herself to death, perhaps not in one shot, but slowly and gradually until her self-abused body could stand no more.

Your Pal,
Doc

Maybe it was an accidental overdose like Heath Ledger.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/28/11 at 5:59 pm

I think the poor girl just pounded her system to the point of collapse.
:(

Written By: 80sfan on 07/28/11 at 6:28 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why we are giving so much attention to someone who drank themselves to death. Amy made bad choices and in the end she paid with her health and her life!

BUT I am flexible because if you can give me a good reason why I should feel sorry for her or excuse her actions then I will. It's just that I don't see any good ones right now so it's hard for me to truly have any compassion or empathy for her.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/28/11 at 6:51 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why we are giving so much attention to someone who drank themselves to death. Amy made bad choices and in the end she paid with her health and her life!

BUT I am flexible because if you can give me a good reason why I should feel sorry for her or excuse her actions then I will. It's just that I don't see any good ones right now so it's hard for me to truly have any compassion or empathy for her.

I don't know enough about her life.  She was put on the star track as a child, a path rife with child abuse, and she exhibited the classic signs.  If you feel you are righteous enough to be her judge and jury, well that is your prerogative. 

Written By: 80sfan on 07/28/11 at 7:03 pm

I don't know enough about her life.  She was put on the star track as a child, a path rife with child abuse, and she exhibited the classic signs.  If you feel you are righteous enough to be her judge and jury, well that is your prerogative.  

Actually I am just expressing what many people are thinking. I guess I'm just trying to give a balanced view.

The truth is I do feel for anyone who has died or is dying 'cause a human being lost is still a sad thing no matter the reason. You could say I was role-playing with my comment before.

Written By: Howard on 07/29/11 at 6:38 am

or maybe she didn't like her performance on stage.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/29/11 at 1:16 pm

or maybe she didn't like her performance on stage.

I'd be sad if I didn't like my performance on stage.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/29/11 at 7:45 pm

I'd be sad if I didn't like my performance on stage.  :-\\

But I wouldn't go acting drunk on stage. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/11 at 5:50 am

A north London council has appealed for the return of street signs stolen near Amy Winehouse's home, which featured tributes from her fans.

Camden Council said it planned to give the four signs to the singer's family. One sign was stolen on 31 July and three others on 1 August.

The council is offering an amnesty and asked for the signs to be dropped off at a local police station.

The 27-year-old singer was found dead at her Camden Square home on 25 July.

Six other street signs were removed by the council "to prevent further thefts", a spokeswoman said.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/11 at 6:02 am

Amy Winehouse's 15-year-old goddaughter Dionne Bromfield pays tribute to the late singer by performing one of her songs at the Big Chill music festival.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/11 at 6:17 am

Amy Winehouse's 2006 album Back to Black has topped the UK charts eight days after she was found dead at her home in Camden, north London.

Written By: Claybricks on 08/11/11 at 10:02 pm

Thieves target Amy Winehouse's home

August 12, 2011 - 11:51AM .

http://images.smh.com.au/2011/08/12/2552990/mitch-353-200x0.jpg

Happier times ... Mitch Winehouse with daughter Amy. Photo: Getty

Amy Winehouse's family are "sickened" after finding some of her belongings have been stolen.

The 27-year-old British singer was found dead at her home in Camden, London, in July.

Since she passed away around 20 people have been into her property, among them family, friends, police and a security team.

Winehouse's father Mitch now apparently believes a number of unreleased recordings, notebooks filled with lyrics and personal letters have gone missing. A guitar Winehouse loved and songs she wrote for her eagerly-anticipated third album are also thought to have been taken, leaving her family incensed.

"This is such a sickening shock to the family. That someone would stoop so low. They can't get their heads around it," a source told British newspaper The Sun.

"Mitch is livid. The family, record label and management are months away from deciding what to do with any unreleased music. For that to be taken out of their hands is horrible."

Winehouse's home became a crime scene after she was found dead as it was unknown how she passed away.

Her father has been asked to detail what is valuable in the property, a task Winehouse's partner Reg Traviss will help him with. Once that is completed the pair will know for sure what has gone missing. At the moment police have been informed that two books of lyrics cannot be found.

"Mitch is willing to give whoever has stolen the items a chance to do the right thing and put them back so it doesn't have to get messy," the insider added.

Mitch Winehouse regularly visited his daughter's home following her death. Fans built a makeshift shrine there, containing notes, CDs and pictures and he enjoyed looking at it. After going into her property on one occasion he came out with some of her clothes and handed them to fans.

The singer fought a long battle with alcohol and drug addiction, but her cause of death remains unknown until toxicology tests come back in the next few weeks. Mitch Winehouse has insisted she quit alcohol three weeks before passing, with her family said to think that may have induced a fatal seizure or heart attack.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/thieves-target-amy-winehouses-home-20110812-1ipw9.html

Dan

Written By: Howard on 08/12/11 at 6:34 am

Thieves target Amy Winehouse's home

August 12, 2011 - 11:51AM .

http://images.smh.com.au/2011/08/12/2552990/mitch-353-200x0.jpg

Happier times ... Mitch Winehouse with daughter Amy. Photo: Getty

Amy Winehouse's family are "sickened" after finding some of her belongings have been stolen.

The 27-year-old British singer was found dead at her home in Camden, London, in July.

Since she passed away around 20 people have been into her property, among them family, friends, police and a security team.

Winehouse's father Mitch now apparently believes a number of unreleased recordings, notebooks filled with lyrics and personal letters have gone missing. A guitar Winehouse loved and songs she wrote for her eagerly-anticipated third album are also thought to have been taken, leaving her family incensed.

"This is such a sickening shock to the family. That someone would stoop so low. They can't get their heads around it," a source told British newspaper The Sun.

"Mitch is livid. The family, record label and management are months away from deciding what to do with any unreleased music. For that to be taken out of their hands is horrible."

Winehouse's home became a crime scene after she was found dead as it was unknown how she passed away.

Her father has been asked to detail what is valuable in the property, a task Winehouse's partner Reg Traviss will help him with. Once that is completed the pair will know for sure what has gone missing. At the moment police have been informed that two books of lyrics cannot be found.

"Mitch is willing to give whoever has stolen the items a chance to do the right thing and put them back so it doesn't have to get messy," the insider added.

Mitch Winehouse regularly visited his daughter's home following her death. Fans built a makeshift shrine there, containing notes, CDs and pictures and he enjoyed looking at it. After going into her property on one occasion he came out with some of her clothes and handed them to fans.

The singer fought a long battle with alcohol and drug addiction, but her cause of death remains unknown until toxicology tests come back in the next few weeks. Mitch Winehouse has insisted she quit alcohol three weeks before passing, with her family said to think that may have induced a fatal seizure or heart attack.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/thieves-target-amy-winehouses-home-20110812-1ipw9.html

Dan

Why would people do such a thing? ::)

Written By: Claybricks on 08/12/11 at 7:09 am

Why would people do such a thing? ::)

http://www.postersguide.com/largeimage/400/4000050.jpg

Dan

Written By: Claybricks on 08/23/11 at 11:32 am

Amy Winehouse Had 'No Illegal Substances' In Her System

Citing toxicology results, Winehouse family says 'Rehab' singer's cause of death remains inconclusive.

No illegal drugs were found in Amy Winehouse's system when the "Rehab" singer died last month, according to a statement from her family.

Spokesperson Chris Goodman said in a release on Tuesday (August 23) that "toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system and the time of her death."

Goodman added that while toxicology results indicated that alcohol was present in Winehouse's system, "it cannot be determined as yet it if played a role in her death."

The statement concluded, "The family would like to thank police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October."

A spokesperson for Winehouse could not be reached for comment by MTV News at press time.

Winehouse, 27, was found dead in her Camden, London, home on July 23, and after an initial autopsy proved inconclusive, London police announced that additional toxicology tests would be needed to determine the cause of death. According to several reports, those close to the singer believed that alcohol withdrawal may have been to blame, as Winehouse had recently given up drinking cold turkey. Furthermore, " said doctors had told Amy to gradually reduce her intake of alcohol and to avoid bingeing at all costs. Amy told him she couldn't do that ... and she gave up completely. Mitch said the shock of giving up, after everything she had been through over a bad few years, was just too much for her to take."

Winehouse had famously struggled with drugs and alcohol during her meteoric rise to fame, but following her death, Mitch Winehouse said that his daughter had been free of drugs for nearly three years.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669512/amy-winehouse-toxicology-report.jhtml

Dan

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/26/11 at 1:15 am

The inquest into the death of singer Amy Winehouse, who was found dead at her north London home in July, is due to start.

Written By: Howard on 10/26/11 at 6:52 am

The inquest into the death of singer Amy Winehouse, who was found dead at her north London home in July, is due to start.

What's an inquest?  ???

Written By: nally on 10/26/11 at 10:50 am

What's an inquest?  ???

According to Wiki: an inquest is a judicial investigation in common law jurisdictions, conducted by a judge, jury, or government official. The most common kind of inquest is an inquiry including a medical examination by a coroner into the cause of a death that was sudden, violent or suspicious, or occurred in prison.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/26/11 at 12:35 pm

Singer Amy Winehouse was more than five times the drink-drive alcohol limit at the time of her death, which a coroner rules was due to misadventure.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/26/11 at 6:25 pm

Singer Amy Winehouse was more than five times the drink-drive alcohol limit at the time of her death, which a coroner rules was due to misadventure.

What's the limit in England?  Here in the US of A, a 5x reading would be blowing a 0.40 which is indeed alot of booze.  Dedfinitely misadventurous.

I had a former employee who blew a .43 after his car had a head-on collision with a house.

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/11 at 6:32 pm

What's the limit in England?  Here in the US of A, a 5x reading would be blowing a 0.40 which is indeed alot of booze.  Dedfinitely misadventurous.

I had a former employee who blew a .43 after his car had a head-on collision with a house.

There are people who blow a 69 :D

Written By: Howard on 10/26/11 at 7:41 pm

Wow.  :o

Written By: Howard on 10/26/11 at 7:42 pm

There are people who blow a 69 :D

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/11 at 6:41 am

A polka dot chiffon dress worn by singer Amy Winehouse on the cover of her hit album Back to Black has been sold for £43,200 at an auction.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/11 at 7:29 pm

A polka dot chiffon dress worn by singer Amy Winehouse on the cover of her hit album Back to Black has been sold for £43,200 at an auction.

Wow, that's a lot of money.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/15 at 5:03 pm

After watching "Autopsy: The Last Hours Of Amy Winehouse", it appears that she died from Borderline Personality Disorder.

From: http://www.newhealthguide.org/Famous-People-With-Borderline-Personality-Disorder.html

"Amy Jade Winehouse was and English songwriter-singer. She battled with substance abuse which was the subject of media attention when it occurred. In the year 2005, she had a period when she drank heavily, abuse drugs, and suffered from violent mood swings and weight loss. Moreover, she admitted in various interviews of having problems with depression, self-harm and eating disorders. In the year 2008 she started binge drinking after she kicked a drug habit. By the summer of 2011, she started a pattern of abstaining from alcohol for a few weeks and then relapsing into drinking habit. In the morning hours of 23rd July 2011, she died of one such relapse (of Borderline Personality Disorder) which led to alcohol intoxication."

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/28/15 at 5:17 pm

After watching "Autopsy: The Last Hours Of Amy Winehouse", it appears that she died from Borderline Personality Disorder.

From: http://www.newhealthguide.org/Famous-People-With-Borderline-Personality-Disorder.html

"Amy Jade Winehouse was and English songwriter-singer. She battled with substance abuse which was the subject of media attention when it occurred. In the year 2005, she had a period when she drank heavily, abuse drugs, and suffered from violent mood swings and weight loss. Moreover, she admitted in various interviews of having problems with depression, self-harm and eating disorders. In the year 2008 she started binge drinking after she kicked a drug habit. By the summer of 2011, she started a pattern of abstaining from alcohol for a few weeks and then relapsing into drinking habit. In the morning hours of 23rd July 2011, she died of one such relapse (of Borderline Personality Disorder) which led to alcohol intoxication."

That's lots of semantics.  She died from alcohol intoxication.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/15 at 5:56 am

That's lots of semantics.  She died from alcohol intoxication.
I posted this reply of mine too quickly that Monday night.

Firstly from: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jan/08/amy-winehouse-alcohol-poisoning-inquest
"The singer was found dead in her flat in Camden, north London, on the afternoon of Saturday 23 July 2011. The new inquest repeated the findings that Winehouse had 416mg of alcohol per decilitre in her blood, enough to make her comatose and depress her respiratory system. She was found dead by paramedics, fully clothed, with a laptop on her bed and empty bottles of vodka on the floor."

The Channel 5 show follows the lead of forensic doctor Jason Payne-James who states that if Amy Winehouse was not lying downwards on her bed, face and chest down, she may have survived.

Check for new replies or respond here...