inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Charles Napier Gone at 75...

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/06/11 at 6:02 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5if5l_mWBxrB30zYxAoxdKWRT_6vA?docId=d0d9aa33222f49a599c448b3514d1ad2

Character actor Charles Napier passed away today at the age of 75.  To those who might not recognize his name, he was the square-jawed actor who played the leader of The Good Old Boys in The Blues Brothers "Stein, you're gonna look pretty funny trying to eat corn on the cob WITHOUT ANY TEETH", and he also played the role of the judge in Philadelphia.

http://www.charlesnapier.com/auto/pics/char39.jpg

RIP, Charles.  :\'(  You truly were one of the Good Old Boys...  :)

Subject: Re: Charles Napier Gone at 75...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/11 at 6:44 pm

:\'(

Holy crap! Charles Napier was one of my favorite character actors.  He showed up in all kinds of movies. 

Jonathan Demme also cast him as an irate chef in "Something Wild," a hairdresser in "Married to the Mob," and a cop in "Silence of the Lambs."  He was also in The Cable Guy (another cop), Thunder and Lightning as a good ole boy, and he had a role in Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.  He was in dozens of TV shows and movies. 
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0621008/

Written By: Howard on 10/06/11 at 7:48 pm

RIP Charles.  :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 10/07/11 at 9:03 am

He was awesome.  Something Wild and Married to the Mob are two of my favourites of all time.

I knew him best as Murdock from Rambo: First Blood Part II

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/07/11 at 11:25 am

He was awesome.  Something Wild and Married to the Mob are two of my favourites of all time.

I knew him best as Murdock from Rambo: First Blood Part II

"Problem here, Dad?"
"Possible cash flow problem."

Written By: whistledog on 10/07/11 at 9:05 pm

^ That line was excellent.

I had forgotten he was also the warden in Ernest Goes to Jail.  He also played a hardcore salesman in 'The Goods' with Jeremy Piven.  I really enjoyed that movie

He was also one of the interrogators in the spoof movie 'Loaded Weapon 1' during the Beaver Shot scene with Kathy Ireland

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/08/11 at 5:27 am

He was also one of the interrogators in the spoof movie 'Loaded Weapon 1' during the Beaver Shot scene with Kathy Ireland

I hope that the beaver was not actually shot. I thought they ended cruelty to animals in the production of movies long ago.  :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/11 at 4:53 pm

I hope that the beaver was not actually shot. I thought they ended cruelty to animals in the production of movies long ago.  :-\\

I'm guessing you never saw this movie lol

Check for new replies or respond here...