inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: v8 supercar driver Jason Richards dies from cancer aged 35

Written By: holicman on 12/16/11 at 1:47 am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/motor-racing/v8-star-jason-richards-loses-battle-with-cancer-at-age-35/story-e6frfgb6-1226223965164

I remember him winning his first race in V8's at Eastern creek, he said to " it maybe eastern creek but a win is a win and I will take it" (eastern creek being his practice track off season)
He came 2nd at Bathurst one year and also another podium he year before, He had many podiums in his career but only the one race victory in the class. A cheerful NZ personality, he will be sorely missed and leaves behind 2 young children and a lovely wife.
I grew up in Nz knowing Jason Richards and he was always friendly, would say hi and look out for the younger children who may have been bullied. He was a great role model to his peers, one of them me, and I am only 2 years younger than him.

Rip Jason.....1976 - 2011

Subject: Re: v8 supercar driver Jason Richards dies from cancer aged 35

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/16/11 at 8:50 pm

I confess I don't know Jason Richards ... but gee, nobody should succumb to cancer at 35.  That's just wrong!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Jason Richards

Check for new replies or respond here...