inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RIP, Jack Tramiel, aged 83

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/11/12 at 11:21 pm

Not exactly a celebrity in the world of pop culture, not exactly a popular name amongst Atarians, but anyone who remembers the 80s should know someone who adored their '64.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll283/Frakker_77/C64Ready.gif

If you ever saw that screen, raise a toast to Jack Tramiel, founder of Commodore Business Machines, aged 83.

Subject: Re: RIP, Jack Tramiel, aged 83

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/11/12 at 11:30 pm

I raise my glass of ginger ale to the late great Jack Tramiel!  Three Cheers to Jackie!  Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray!!!!

Written By: Howard on 04/12/12 at 7:01 am

Commodore 64 was the best. RIP Mr.Tramiel :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 04/12/12 at 8:09 pm

I never had a Commodore 64, but I did have a Commodore Vic-20, first computer I ever owned and I still have it!  I think it was those old William Shatner ads that swayed my dad into buying it because he enjoyed Star Trek.

R.I.P. Jack.  You made some good computers

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/13/12 at 6:52 pm

Allegedly, the same radio station that broadcasts The Bob And Tom Show still uses a Commodore 64. A DJ there even said it's still used because of the local's disdain of the new technology.

Check for new replies or respond here...