inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Former NFL Great Junior Seau Dies of Apparent Suicide

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/02/12 at 6:12 pm

Former Chargers, Dolphins and Patriots Defensive Back and future Hall-of-Famer Junior Seau was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. He was only 43. More than likely, another sad example of what several years of hitting and concussions can do to the mental state of an athlete. RIP Junior.

www.espn.go.com

www.cbssports.com

Subject: Re: Former NFL Great Junior Seau Dies of Apparent Suicide

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/12 at 11:13 pm

They were talking about this on CNN last night.  It sounds like psychological effects from encephalopathy.  They're still investigating.  Very sad.
:\'(

Written By: Max Power on 05/04/12 at 12:03 am

I remember how few years ago when Seau drove off the cliff, I joke about the possibility that SB 42 may have drove him to do this.

Now I feel bad.

What happened took me by surprise.

Even though he played for two teams that I heavily loathed, still...

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/04/12 at 12:16 am

Interesting.  But no less sad.

For those not familiar with the backstory - although most male suicides are done with a headshot (females who use firearms are more likely to go with a chest shot so as to leave open the option for an open-casket funeral) instead of the more-painful chestshot - Junior Seau is the second NFL star to use a chest shot.

Dave Duerson was the first, and he is on record as having said "Please, see that my brain is given to the NFL's brain bank."

Check for new replies or respond here...