inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Desperate Housewives actress Kathryn Joosten dies

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/03/12 at 5:59 am

Full Report

US TV actress Kathryn Joosten, best known for her roles in Desperate Housewives and The West Wing, has died.

Joosten, who was 72, died in California of lung cancer, 11 years after she was first diagnosed with the disease.

The actress won two Emmy Awards for playing nosey neighbour Karen McCluskey in suburban drama Desperate Housewives.

She had previously portrayed Delores Landingham, the secretary to fictional US President Josiah Bartlet, played by Martin Sheen, on The West Wing.

Joosten's family said in a statement that the actress was "surrounded by love and humour 'til the end", adding: "We are laughing through our tears."

Joosten did not begin her acting career until the age of 42, having worked as a psychiatric nurse at a medium security hospital unit in Chicago.

But after getting divorced and hearing her mother's deathbed regrets at not having pursued her dreams, Joosten decided to revisit her childhood passion for acting and became involved with her local community theatre.

She then worked as a street performer at Disney World in Florida before moving to Hollywood in the mid-1990s and winning small roles in shows including Murphy Brown, Frasier and The Drew Carey Show.

Subject: Re: Desperate Housewives actress Kathryn Joosten dies

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/12 at 12:07 pm

I changed my Facebook Profile pic in her memory....

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/3173_720409845767_1016413_n.jpg

Written By: Dagwood on 06/03/12 at 12:37 pm

:(  Loved her on The West Wing.  I cried when her character died.  Such a sad weekend.

Written By: Howard on 06/03/12 at 4:06 pm

I changed my Facebook Profile pic in her memory....

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/3173_720409845767_1016413_n.jpg

very nice Q.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...