inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Gone With the Wind" Actress Ann Rutherford Dies

Written By: Claybricks on 06/12/12 at 9:37 am

http://media.nbcchicago.com/images/654*368/Ann+Rutherford.jpg
"Gone With the Wind" actress Ann Rutherford died at her home in Beverly Hills at 94.

"Gone With the Wind" Actress Ann Rutherford Dies

Rutherford played Scarlett O'Hara's sister Carreen in the 1939 classic

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012  |  Updated 9:03 AM CDT

Ann Rutherford, who played Scarlett O'Hara's sister Carreen in the 1939 movie classic "Gone With the Wind," has died. She was 94.

A close friend, Anne Jeffreys, tells the Los Angeles Times that Rutherford died Monday night at her home in Beverly Hills. She had heart problems and was in declining health.

Rutherford was playing Mickey Rooney's girlfriend Polly Benedict in MGM's Andy Hardy series when she got the role in "Gone With the Wind."

She told the Times that MGM head Louis B. Mayer was going to refuse her the part but Rutherford, who was a fan of the novel, burst into tears and he relented.

Rutherford continued to make Andy Hardy movies and later appeared in other films, including 1947's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," and on television before retiring in 1976.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/entertainment/celebrity/Gone-With-the-Wind-Actress-Ann-Rutherford-Dies--158563665.html#ixzz1xacNsrUW

Dan

Subject: Re: "Gone With the Wind" Actress Ann Rutherford Dies

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/12/12 at 6:51 pm

Is there anybody left from the cast? ???

Written By: Howard on 06/12/12 at 7:46 pm

Is there anybody left from the cast? ???

not sure Vivien Leigh died in 1967,Clark Gable died in 1960,Leslie Howard died in 1943,Olivia DeHavilland is still alive,Hattie McDaniel Died in 1952,Butterfly McQueen died in 1995.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/12/12 at 8:03 pm

not sure Vivien Leigh died in 1967,Clark Gable died in 1960,Leslie Howard died in 1943,Olivia DeHavilland is still alive,Hattie McDaniel Died in 1952,Butterfly McQueen died in 1995.

It's another one of those movies where the cast passed away all too soon...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/12 at 11:04 pm

I think the actor who played Wilkes' son Beau is still alive.  Granted he was only about five at the time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/12 at 4:50 am

I think the actor who played Wilkes' son Beau is still alive.  Granted he was only about five at the time.

Maybe he and Olivia could do a sequel, "Return of Gone With the Wind: Beau's Fury" or something like that. ???

Written By: Howard on 06/16/12 at 6:42 am

Maybe he and Olivia could do a sequel, "Return of Gone With the Wind: Beau's Fury" or something like that. ???

or how about just calling it "Gone With Passing The Wind".

"Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give A Fart".  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/27/12 at 2:47 am

I was sad when she died. GWTW is my favorite movie ever. I like it so much, that in one of my stories I had the main character throw a GWTW birthday party for his wife--and he introduced her to Olivia.

I swear when Olivia is called home, I'll be devastated!  MJ-level devastated because she's my fave actress!

Check for new replies or respond here...