inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Goodfellas' Henry Hill Gone...

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/12 at 10:42 am

Henry Hill, mastermind behind the 1979 Lufthansa Heist, the Boston College point shaving scheme, and inspiration for the movie "Goodfellas" passed away yesterday.

RIP Henry... Thanks for the movie magic.  :)

Fugeddiboutit....

Subject: Re: Goodfellas' Henry Hill Gone...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/13/12 at 3:54 pm

After years of hiding, Henry Hill resurfaced in, of all places, North Platte, Nebraska. (Which might just be the most boring place on the face of the Earth.) Apparently while he was living there incognito he opened up an Italian restaurant, and my brother and I had always talked about driving out there and checking it out but we never got a round tuit.  :P

http://jbburrows.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/round-tuit.jpg

RIP Henry.  :(

Written By: danootaandme on 06/13/12 at 4:07 pm

He gave us a good story, but I don't know if I can give him an RIP. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/12 at 8:02 pm

If the mob wanted to get him, they would have.  Hill used to get bombed and brag about who he was.  He wasn't even in the Witness Protection Program for most of his post-mafia life.

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/13/12 at 10:19 pm

Henry Hill: You know, we always called each other good fellas. Like you said to, uh, somebody, :You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a good fella. He's one of us.: You understand? We were good fellas. Wiseguys.

Goodfellas is one of my favorite films, when its on, I watch it. Henry Hill is the reason it was made so, I guess have to give him some acknowledgment for that.

But the truth of it is that he wasn't exactly a good person, kind of a scumbag really, but he was a interesting character.

RIP?  :-X Well not sure about that, but I'll give it to him that he made it to the end without getting "wacked". For him, thats probably saying a lot.

Good luck to where you're going Henry.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/12 at 10:32 pm

Now Henry Hill can yuck it up with Tommy "Two Guns" DeDimone, Jimmy "The Gent" Burke, Paulie Vario, Parnell "Stacks" Edwards, Frenchy McMahon, William "Billy Batts" Devino, Nicky Eyes, and Jimmy Two Times at that big Night Club in the sky.

End of an era... most of the real-life Goodfellas upon whom the movie was based  are now gone.

I can see it now... Henry arrives at the Pearly Gates.  Billy Batts wants Henry to be looking sharp, so he yells out "Hey Tommy, go get your shine box".  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/12 at 10:41 pm

Now Henry Hill can yuck it up with Tommy "Two Guns" DeDimone, Jimmy "The Gent" Burke, Paulie Vario, Parnell "Stacks" Edwards, Frenchy McMahon, William "Billy Batts" Devino, Nicky Eyes, and Jimmy Two Times at that big Night Club in the sky.

Big Pete, Little Pete, Regular-Sized Pete...

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/14/12 at 12:47 am

He gave us a good story, but I don't know if I can give him an RIP.

I was similarly conflicted.  Then again, if the people he crossed can let it go, then so can I, especially after...

What do you mean by that?  Are you tryin' to say something about the size of...

H6M9nriFoqI

...the smile on my face after a couple of generations of memetic cross-fertilization in the blender of pop culture?  Is that what you're tryin' to say somethin' about?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/12 at 12:00 pm

You're a funny guy!  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...