inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Broadway composer Richard Adler Dies at 90

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/22/12 at 10:02 pm

Composer Richard Adler, who write songs for Tony Award winning musicals Damn Yankees and The Pajama Game, died Thurday in his Southampton home. He was 90. Adler also help set up the birthday party for President John F. Kenndy, known for Marilyn Monroe's breathy redition of "Happy Birthday, Mr. President". He may not have been as well known as some of the other songwriters, but his work lives on.

http://www.thewrap.com/music/article/richard-adler-composer-and-lyricist-dies-90-45231

Subject: Re: Broadway composer Richard Adler Dies at 90

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/22/12 at 11:39 pm

Composer Richard Adler, who write songs for Tony Award winning musicals Damn Yankees and The Pajama Game, died Thurday in his Southampton home. He was 90. Adler also help set up the birthday party for President John F. Kenndy, known for Marilyn Monroe's breathy redition of "Happy Birthday, Mr. President". He may not have been as well known as some of the other songwriters, but his work lives on.

http://www.thewrap.com/music/article/richard-adler-composer-and-lyricist-dies-90-45231

I remember Adler for Hernando's Hideaway!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/23/12 at 6:43 am

Damn Yankees was awesome, especially with Ted Nugent playing lead guitar. I wonder how those guys got hooked up with a Broadway composer? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/23/12 at 10:01 am

I love Damn Yankees. Lola was a part that I ALWAYS wanted to play (Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets." When I was doing summer stock, the put it on and I tried out but at the time, I was too young to play Lola so I was up for one of the groupies. There were 4 of us up for the part but they could only use 2-but didn't get it.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  But, I was happy for my two friends who did get it.

Cat

Written By: ninny on 06/26/12 at 8:20 am

R.I.P Mr. Adler

Check for new replies or respond here...