inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Author/Playwright Gore Vidal Age 86

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/01/12 at 3:37 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/gore-vidal-celebrated-author-playwright-dies-041000762.html

Cat

Subject: Re: Author/Playwright Gore Vidal Age 86

Written By: danootaandme on 08/01/12 at 6:00 pm

Gore...Gore...Gore....I can't cry for him, he was a snob and a bully, but he had a brilliant mind.  :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/12 at 6:11 pm

R.I.P. Mr. Vidal.

I thought you died three years ago!
:-\\

Written By: Zeb on 08/01/12 at 8:07 pm

I really enjoyed reading his novels about American history( Burr, Lincoln and 1876 ect). Thank you for the words and wisdom 8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/01/12 at 8:20 pm

His hair care products were big in their day.  "If you don't look good, we don't look good..."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/12 at 11:32 am

His hair care products were big in their day.  "If you don't look good, we don't look good..."

You are thinking of Vidal Sassoon who died in May. (I don't think anyone started a thread for him. I didn't know he died until I just looked it up.)

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/03/12 at 4:03 pm

Gosh, isn't he the onw Brian wanted to talk to so badly on "Family Guy" when he and Stewie had that radio show? Dingo and the Baby!

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/04/12 at 12:56 am

http://news.yahoo.com/gore-vidal-celebrated-author-playwright-dies-041000762.html

RIP, good sir.  I disagreed with his politics many a time, but always appreciated the razor-sharp mind behind his arguments.  As a satirist, he was consistently brilliant and on the mark. 

Obligatory Pop Culture Question: I vaguely remember seeing a movie on TV which ended at the Lincoln Memorial.  Very well-done.  (Was it that thing he did in 2010?  Because I think it was before then.  Maybe the 1996 thing?)

Check for new replies or respond here...