inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Film director and producer Mel Stuart dies

Written By: warped on 08/10/12 at 2:30 pm

Mel Stuart (September 2, 1928 – August 9, 2012) was an American film director and producer.

Stuart directed the fantasy-musical Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971). He has directed other features, including If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium (1969), Two is a Happy Number (1972) and Running on the Sun: The Badwater 135 (2000).

Stuart also directed feature documentaries including Four Days in November and Wattstax.

In addition he has directed or produced over 180 films including movies of the week, The Triangle Factory Fire, Bill, The Chisholms, and Ruby and Oswald, the television series Ripley's Believe it Not, and the documentaries The Making of the President 1960, 1964, and 1968, The Hobart Shakespeareans, Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, Man Ray — The Prophet of the Avant-Garde, George Plimpton and the Philharmonic and The Poet's View. He has been awarded four Emmy awards, an Academy Award nomination, a Peabody and numerous other awards. He served as president of the International Documentary Association for two years.

He was 83.

Subject: Re: Film director and producer Mel Stuart dies

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/12 at 4:45 pm

I think my favorite Mel Stuart film was "Blazing Saddles".  His character Governor William J. Le Petomane was hilarious.  ;D

Subject: Re: Film director and producer Mel Stuart dies

Written By: Claybricks on 08/10/12 at 7:35 pm

I think my favorite Mel Stuart film was "Blazing Saddles".  His character Governor William J. Le Petomane was hilarious.  ;D

Mel Brooks

Dan

Check for new replies or respond here...