inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Phyllis Diller Dead At 95

Written By: Claybricks on 08/20/12 at 2:31 pm

Phyllis Diller Dead At 95

8/20/2012 12:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Phyllis Diller -- who paved the way for today's female comics -- has died, TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Diller tell us the comedian died at her L.A. home, surrounded by family. She was 95.

We're told Diller had recently fallen, hurting her wrist and hip, and her health had been on the decline ever since. She had been living in hospice care at her home.

Diller suffered a heart attack in 1999 and was later fitted with a pacemaker.

Phyllis began her career all the way back in 1952 -- and rose to fame with her TV specials alongside Bob Hope in the 1960s.

Later that decade, Phyllis starred in her own show called "The Phyllis Diller Show" ... as well as a variety show called "The Beautiful Phyllis Diller Show." She was also a regular on "Laugh In."

She also posed for Playboy -- but the pics were never published.

Diller remained spunky to the very end, famously appearing in the 2005 movie "The Aristocrats," telling an x-rated joke ... better than comics half her age.

Joan Rivers recently appeared on "Watch What Happens Live" and said, Diller "broke the way for every woman comedian.”

Last time we shot Diller was in 2011, and she was still sharp as a tack -- cracking jokes and reminiscing about her "protegee" Joan Rivers. She even named her favorite comedian of all time.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/phyllis-diller-dead/

Dan

Subject: Re: Phyllis Diller Dead At 95

Written By: nally on 08/20/12 at 2:33 pm

Sad. She will be missed. :\'( :\'(

Still, 95 years was a good long life for her.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/12 at 3:11 pm

so sad. She lived a good life. RIP Phyllis Diller.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zuYQ3f-34xI/TLqLRBs64qI/AAAAAAAACSg/5HenJ-srWeI/s1600/phyllis+diller.jpg

:\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/12 at 3:16 pm

I'm not going to say that it is sad because everyone should live to be 95. But, she will be missed.  :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/20/12 at 3:41 pm

Wow, another star from my childhood years gone all too soon. She rocked in "The Pruitts of Southampton", where she costarred with Gypsy Rose Lee.  8)

RIP, Phyllis, thanks for all the laughs!  :)

Also, I send my condolences to "Fang".  ;D

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/20/12 at 5:09 pm

I always liked her.  So hard to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Phyllis Diller

Written By: danootaandme on 08/20/12 at 7:31 pm

:\'( :\'(

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/20/12 at 9:29 pm

Actually, Phyllis will live on and is still appearing in Vegas next month. While her original body will be buried later this week, all parts of Diller added during her 1,000+ plastic surgeries will be animated and continue her appearance schedule, including opening for Cher on her winter tour. As Phyllis knew well, The Show Must Go On! Farewell, funny lady.

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/20/12 at 11:13 pm

Actually, Phyllis will live on and is still appearing in Vegas next month. While her original body will be buried later this week, all parts of Diller added during her 1,000+ plastic surgeries will be animated and continue her appearance schedule, including opening for Cher on her winter tour. As Phyllis knew well, The Show Must Go On! Farewell, funny lady.

"My photographs don't do me justice - they just look like me."
  - Phyllis Diller

You go, girl. 

"Best way to get rid of kitchen odors: Eat out. "
  - Phyllis Diller

Thanks for 95 years of doin' it for the lulz.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/12 at 7:18 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r__-OzVcp4

Check for new replies or respond here...