inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Phyllis Diller, 95

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 9:09 pm

Apparently Phyllis Diller left us today.

I'm on my phone so I leave it to y'all to find the articles

Thanks for the laughs PD you were a pioneer for all female comics.

Subject: Re: Phyllis Diller, 95

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/12 at 6:20 am

Found this article in today's LA Times...

Critic's Notebook: Phyllis Diller was completely and inarguably herself
  By Mary McNamara, Los Angeles Times Television Critic

I love Phyllis Diller, and I refuse to change the tense of that emotion with her passing because the love is most certainly still alive.
I love Phyllis Diller because she was hilarious, because she did stand-up before it seemed women were legally allowed to do stand-up and because well into old age she could still rock a mini-dress.
But most of all, I love Phyllis Diller because she was the first woman I ever saw who clearly and joyfully and consistently simply did not give a damn.

About what men thought, about what women thought, about what anyone thought.She inevitably looked like a Barbie doll left out in the backyard during a rainstorm followed by a drought, sounded like she had consumed a pack of Camels and six highballs for breakfast, and she owned the joint.  ;D

There's more to the article if you wanna read it. 
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-st-critics-notebook-phyllis-20120821,0,5005741.story

Written By: Howard on 08/21/12 at 7:15 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r__-OzVcp4

her laugh is just too funny!  ;D

Written By: ninny on 08/21/12 at 8:27 am

R.I.P :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...