inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Country music singer Mindy McCready dead of apparent suicide

Written By: Claybricks on 02/17/13 at 8:10 pm

Report: Mindy McCready dead of apparent suicide

Posted on: 8:21 pm, February 17, 2013, by Web Staff, updated on: 09:01pm, February 17, 2013

Country music singer Mindy McCready has committed suicide, according to FOX 17 and multiple other reports.

Stacy McCloud, a reporter at FOX 17 in Nashville, tweeted:

“A close family friend of Mindy McCready has informed me that the country singer has committed suicide.”

A short time later she tweeted:

“The Mindy McCready suicide I told you about has now been confirmed from 4 different sources. A statement from the family is in the works.”

McCloud said she spoke to McCready’s family who confirmed the news.

Andrea Canning, a correspondent for NBC News, is also reporting McCready committed suicide on Sunday. Canning said a family friend told her that McCready “shot and killed herself this evening.”

E! News also spoke with a family friend who confirmed the news.

McCready, who was an American country music singer, was born on Nov. 30, 1975. She recorded five studio albums, including her debut album Ten Thousand Angels back in 1996. McCready gained notoriety back in 2008 when her relationship with Roger Clemens was made public.

About a month ago, McCready’s boyfriend, David Wilson, died at the age of 34. His cause of death has has not been released, however the investigation is still open.

Story is developing…

http://myfox8.com/2013/02/17/mindy-mccready-dead-of-apparent-suicide-according-to-report/

Dan

Subject: Re: Country music singer Mindy McCready dead of apparent suicide

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/13 at 8:18 pm

Wow, sad to hear this.  But the trajectory that her life was on... this sadly is not completely unexpected.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 02/17/13 at 8:34 pm

Such a tragedy.  My prayers go out to her kids. 

Written By: Claybricks on 02/17/13 at 8:41 pm

Excerpt from Wiki...

On April 9, 2012, McCready gave birth to her second child, a son named Zayne. The child's father, record producer David Wilson, was found dead in his home on January 13, 2013, of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Following Wilson's death, McCready released a statement in which she referred to him as her "soulmate" and "life partner".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindy_McCready

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/17/13 at 10:14 pm

That's awful.

I don't know who she was, but it's sad she's gone though.

Written By: Howard on 02/18/13 at 7:48 am

RIP Mindy. :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/13 at 8:24 am

I don't listen to Country music, but I remember when she was popular.  She had this song called "Guys do it all the time". 
In the late 2000s after a long hiatus, she released an album called "I'm Still Here" that had no hits.  She was one nice looking lady.

R.I.P. to a great talent

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/18/13 at 10:55 am

Such a tragedy.  My prayers go out to her kids.

Yes indeed.  Same here.  Poor kids, first their father then their mother.  They're going to need a lot of love and support to ever feel the world is an all right place.
:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 02/18/13 at 11:36 am

Yes indeed.  Same here.  Poor kids, first their father then their mother.  They're going to need a lot of love and support to ever feel the world is an all right place.
:\'( :\'( :\'(

One of the boys has a different dad.  My hope is that if he goes with his dad, his dad will take his brother, too.  I would hate to see them separated on top of everything else.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/13 at 5:03 pm

This really sux.  Of the various people who were on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew who died, you pretty much knew what was going to happen, they were pretty much too far gone already.

But with Mindy I always thought there was hope, and I figured eventually she would find her way.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 02/21/13 at 7:08 pm

I've sorta heard of her, but I don't know any of her music. That is, I've seen her name (particularly around the Amiright site, where I am a site editor and review incoming submissions for various sections), but haven't heard her music. Still, this is sad news. :\'( :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/21/13 at 7:33 pm

I've sorta heard of her, but I don't know any of her music.

I agree with you too, I've heard of her but don't know her music.

Written By: nally on 02/21/13 at 7:33 pm

I agree with you too, I've heard of her but don't know her music.

You might be able to find some on Youtube.

Then again, I don't listen to country very much. :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...