inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Temptations' Otis Harris Passes Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/23/13 at 5:42 pm

Legendary Motown singer Otis "Damon" Harris, a member of The Temptations, passed away on February 18th according to a family spokesperson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/23/damon-harris-dead-dies_n_2749772.html?utm_hp_ref=celebrity

I don't know how much more this quintet can take.  Eddie Kendrick, David Ruffin, Melvin Franklin (uncle to Rick James), Elbridge Bryant, Paul Williams,  Ricky Owens, Ray Davis, Harry McGilberry, and Ali-Ollie Woodson all passed on well before their time.

Subject: Re: Temptations' Otis Harris Passes Away

Written By: Howard on 02/23/13 at 7:41 pm

Man this is so sad, Who's left now?  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/24/13 at 7:28 am

Man this is so sad, Who's left now?  :(

According to Wikipedia, Otis Williams, Ron Tyson, Terry Weeks, Joe Herndon, and Bruce Williamson.

Otis is 71 and still has all those smooth dance moves.  :)

Bo Henderson, Glenn Leonard, Lou Price, and GC Cameron are also still among the living but they don't tour with the group any more.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/13 at 3:21 pm

According to Wikipedia, Otis Williams, Ron Tyson, Terry Weeks, Joe Herndon, and Bruce Williamson.

Bo Henderson, Glenn Leonard, Lou Price, and GC Cameron are also still among the living but they don't tour with the group any more.

I think Richard Street is also alive and goes on tour with The Temptations.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/24/13 at 6:20 pm

I think Richard Street is also alive and goes on tour with The Temptations.

Richard, who sang lead vocals on "Papa Was a Rolling' Stone", split from the group in 1993.  He missed a performance due to an emergency kidney stone removal, and Otis Williams called him up and ripped him a new one for missing the show.  Richard told Otis to go pack sand and left the group.

Richard went way back with some of the original Temptation players.  He was in Otis' original group, The Distants, that predated the Temps.  8)

Written By: nally on 02/24/13 at 8:35 pm

Otis Williams is currently the only surviving original member of the group, if I'm not mistaken?

Written By: Howard on 02/25/13 at 7:00 am

Otis Williams is currently the only surviving original member of the group, if I'm not mistaken?

I'm really not sure but I think a few of the "new" others might be with the group.

Written By: nally on 02/25/13 at 10:53 am

I'm really not sure but I think a few of the "new" others might be with the group.

Actually, from what I read, Williams *is* the only surviving original member. And yes, I know, other people have joined the band over the years.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/13 at 2:03 pm

Actually, from what I read, Williams *is* the only surviving original member. And yes, I know, other people have joined the band over the years.

That's sad just like the only surviving member of The Four Tops is Abdul Fakir and The Bee Gees is Barry Gibb.

Written By: nally on 02/25/13 at 3:19 pm

That's sad just like the only surviving member of The Four Tops is Abdul Fakir and The Bee Gees is Barry Gibb.

And Michelle Phillips in the Mamas And The Papas.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/25/13 at 6:12 pm

And Cher of Sonny & Cher.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/25/13 at 6:24 pm

So sad  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Otis "Damon" Harris

Written By: Howard on 02/26/13 at 6:42 am

exactly. :(

Written By: Starde on 02/27/13 at 10:56 pm

Damn, I've been so busy lately that I completely missed this news. I love The Temptations! RIP Otis. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...