inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WWF/WWE legend Paul Bearer dead at 58

Written By: warped on 03/06/13 at 5:06 am

The WWE announced Tuesday night that William Moody, known as Paul Bearer during his time in professional wrestling, has passed away. He was 58.

Although the circumstances surrounding his death remain unclear, Moody suffered serious health problems over the last decade, according to TMZ.

“Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans,” WWE.com posted Tuesday night.

WWE said in a statement: "(We're) saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer."

Moody’s character, Paul Bearer, was credited with introducing The Undertaker to WWE. He often appeared ringside playing the role of a pale-faced funeral home owner.

In yet another twist, Moody later introduce Kane, The Undertaker's brother, to the WWE.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Paul-Bearer.jpg

Subject: Re: WWF/WWE legend Paul Bearer dead at 58

Written By: Bobby on 03/06/13 at 5:50 am

I noticed Paul Bearer gained a lot of weight in the late 1990s so I couldn't imagine that helping matters.

It wasn't Paul Bearer who introduced The Undertaker to the WWF. The Undertaker was the mystery partner to wrestle for 'The Million Dollar Team' at Survivor Series 1990 and was introduced by 'Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase. The Undertaker on his debut was managed by Bruce Pritchard as the evangelist Brother Love. He did this from Survivor Series 1990 to early 1991 after the Royal Rumble.

By Wrestlemania 7, Paul Bearer took over managerial duties long-term and he added to The Undertaker character. William Moody had previously worked at a funeral parlour.

Written By: Howard on 03/06/13 at 6:59 am

I thought it was a joke at first when I read Paul Bearer died cause of his association with The Undertaker that he tombstoned him backstage getting his revenge but when I read that it was for real I felt sad.

http://www.straitpinkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/stanvangundy.jpg

OHHH YESSS! RIP!  :\'(

Written By: ninny on 03/06/13 at 8:49 am

I remember him RIP :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/06/13 at 7:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGOmavTfJMM

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 11:58 am

Paul Bearer with the Undertaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTkjcVBVLRc

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 1:36 pm

Paul Bearer with the Undertaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTkjcVBVLRc

I never knew the fascination and pop the Undertaker And Paul Bearer got over the past 20 years, he was supposed to be a heel and how could someone cheer death?

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 1:55 pm

I never knew the fascination and pop the Undertaker And Paul Bearer got over the past 20 years, he was supposed to be a heel and how could someone cheer death?

Did you like the Undertaker? or Kane?

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 2:11 pm

Did you like the Undertaker? or Kane?

I liked both, they just were awesome characters 15 years ago remember the storyline between the two?

Written By: whistledog on 03/07/13 at 2:33 pm

I always thought Paul Bearer was one of the silliest gimmicks to ever grace the WWF, but it was entertaining.  Part of the golden days when Wrestling was entertaining.  R.I.P. to a WWE Legend

Written By: Howard on 03/08/13 at 5:45 am

I always thought Paul Bearer was one of the silliest gimmicks to ever grace the WWF, but it was entertaining.  Part of the golden days when Wrestling was entertaining.  R.I.P. to a WWE Legend

and he stayed as an iconic figure for 20 years.

Written By: warped on 03/08/13 at 7:31 am

I always thought Paul Bearer was one of the silliest gimmicks to ever grace the WWF, but it was entertaining. 

You had Bobby "the brain" Heenan, Jimmy Hart as managers, I understood their schtick. When Paul Bearer came along, yah, I thought it was silly too, but entertaining. In the end it worked.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/13 at 8:01 pm

You had Bobby "the brain" Heenan, Jimmy Hart as managers, I understood their schtick. When Paul Bearer came along, yah, I thought it was silly too, but entertaining. In the end it worked.

and also Mr Fuji.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/09/13 at 12:12 pm

Do ya know how he scared me as a kid?

Written By: Howard on 04/09/13 at 2:12 pm

Do ya know how he scared me as a kid?

He was so freakish, his presence scared me growing up and when he walked and said 'OHHH YESSS".

Check for new replies or respond here...