inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alvin Lee, guitarist from "Ten Years After" pases away.

Written By: warped on 03/06/13 at 1:26 pm

British rock guitarist Alvin Lee, a member of the band Ten Years After, has died aged 68.

His family announced on his official website that he unexpectedly died on 6 March following complications during routine surgery.

The Nottingham-born musician rose to fame after appearing at the Woodstock festival in 1969.

The band, who had eight Top 40 albums in the UK, had their biggest hit in 1971 with I'd Love To Change the World.

"We have lost a wonderful and much loved father and companion, the world has lost a truly great and gifted musician," said the statement from his wife and daughters.

Lee worked with The Beatles' George Harrison, Steve Winwood, Ronnie Wood and Mick Fleetwood on his first solo album, On the Road to Freedom, in 1973.

He released his 14th record, Still on the Road to Freedom, in August last year.

He was due to play a concert at Olympia Hall in Paris on 7 April with blues guitarist Johnny Winter.

:-[

"I'd Love To Change the World" was such a great song.

Subject: Re: Alvin Lee, guitarist from "Ten Years After" pases away.

Written By: Henk on 03/07/13 at 3:24 am

Not a fan of Ten Years After, but it's always sad to hear somebody (anybody) passing away at a relatively young age. :(

The band, who had eight Top 40 albums in the UK, had their biggest hit in 1971 with I'd Love To Change the World.

In The Netherlands though, Ten Years After are mostly (if not solely) known for "I'm Goin' Home".

Written By: ninny on 03/07/13 at 6:38 am

Very sad news R.I.P Alvin :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 7:10 am

RIP Alvin Lee  :\'(

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 7:19 am

In The Netherlands though, Ten Years After are mostly (if not solely) known for "I'm Goin' Home".

Another good song. Very blues/rock.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/10/13 at 11:43 am

I'd Love To Change The World  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Alvin Lee

Check for new replies or respond here...