inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pat Summerall, legendary NFL announcer, dies at 82

Written By: warped on 04/16/13 at 8:58 pm

(CNN) -- Pat Summerall, the football player turned legendary play-by-play announcer, died Tuesday. He was 82.

He was best known as a broadcaster for teaming with former NFL coach John Madden for 22 years. Summerall also worked for years alongside former player Tom Brookshier and became the voice of the NFL in the 1970s and 1980s, calling most of the league's signature games.

Summerall called games for CBS, Fox and ESPN and worked more than 10 Super Bowls.

As a player, he was a placekicker and played 10 seasons for the Chicago Cardinals and New York Giants from 1952 to 1961. He scored more than 500 points as an NFL player.

Summerall died Tuesday of cardiac arrest, said Jeff Carlton, a spokesman for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.

Subject: Re: Pat Summerall, legendary NFL announcer, dies at 82

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/13 at 9:03 pm

This is very sad news.  He was a legend.  R.I.P. Pat :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/16/13 at 9:04 pm

Sad to hear!  I enjoyed listening to him with John Madden.  He was such a great football voice!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Pat Summerall

Written By: warped on 04/17/13 at 7:52 am

Sad to hear!  I enjoyed listening to him with John Madden.  He was such a great football voice!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Pat Summerall

He and Madden were a great combo, same for when he was with Tom Brookshier.

Written By: ninny on 04/17/13 at 10:57 am

This is sad news :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/17/13 at 5:49 pm

Back in '99, we had Pat Summerall do a promotional film for my manufacturing plant.

Man, he had an awesome voice.  He made our little turd pile sound like Xanadu.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...