inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Country legend George Jones dies at 81.

Written By: ninny on 04/26/13 at 9:52 am

George Jones, whose supple Texas voice conveyed heartbreak so profound that he became perhaps the most imitated singer in country music, died Friday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville after being hospitalized with high fever and irregular blood pressure. He was 81.

Hank Williams may have set country music's mythology and Johnny Cash its attitude, but Jones gave the genre its ultimate voice. With recordings that spanned 50 years, including Number One singles White Lightning, She Thinks I Still Care and He Stopped Loving Her Today, Jones influenced generations of country singers and was considered by many to be the greatest of them all.

Both my parents grew up on Country music and thou it may not be what I like George was a great artist and I did enjoy hearing some of his songs like Golden Ring  R.I.P George :\'(

Subject: Re: Country legend George Jones dies at 81.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/26/13 at 10:27 am

Wow this is bad news.  :\'(

George was one of the few old-school guys who was left. Back in the day when he was starting out you could sing Country OR Western music.

Written By: meesa on 04/26/13 at 10:58 am

He Stopped Loving Her Today is in my country top ten.

Country has definitely lost one of their legends.

Written By: Doc Brown on 04/26/13 at 1:38 pm

He Stopped Loving Her Today is in my country top ten.

Country has definitely lost one of their legends.

I don't know if he was married or to who, but He Stopped Loving Her Today. RIP, Mr. Jones.

Your Pal,
Doc
:\'(

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/26/13 at 1:55 pm

George Jones was awesome. RIP.  :(

Written By: warped on 04/26/13 at 1:57 pm

I don't know anything about country music but I have heard his name on several occasions. I guess country music lost a legend. :\'(
RIP.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/26/13 at 5:22 pm

I don't know anything about country music but I have heard his name on several occasions. I guess country music lost a legend. :\'(

I second that emotion.  Sad to hear this  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. George Jones

Written By: Dagwood on 04/26/13 at 5:46 pm

So sad.  R.I.P Mr. Jones. 

He was quite the personality.  Seriously, who else would get a DUI on a riding lawn mower because his wife took the car keys so he couldn't drive. ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/26/13 at 7:24 pm

RIP George Jones  :\'(

Written By: Doc Brown on 04/26/13 at 8:50 pm

So sad.  R.I.P Mr. Jones. 

He was quite the personality.  Seriously, who else would get a DUI on a riding lawn mower because his wife took the car keys so he couldn't drive. ;D

Authorities did point out that the trail George left was very evenly trimmed! He would've laughed at that over a few beers.

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

Written By: Tashlovglit on 04/26/13 at 10:38 pm

We lost a true legend.  George was a pioneer in Country music. Rest In Peace  :(

Written By: nally on 04/29/13 at 5:10 pm

I know who he is, and I have heard of his song "He Stopped Loving Her Today". He sure was a true legend, as stated in at least one post above this one.

Check for new replies or respond here...