inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jim Kelly, Martial Arts Actor... Exits the Stage at 67

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/01/13 at 1:41 am

Jim Kelly, the performer who played the role of Williams in the legendary martial arts flick, Enter the Dragon, passed away this weekend at the age of 67.

The only major characters of this film who remain are John Saxon, "Bolo" Yeung, and Bob Wall.  :-\\  Like Jim Kelly, other major players such as Bruce Lee, Ahna Capri, Kien Shih (the villain, Han), and Peter Archer (the Aussie dude that Bruce "fought" on the boat to Han's island) were taken away from the silver screen prematurely.

Said his character Williams in the movie regarding his death. "When it comes, I'll be too busy looking good...".  8)

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/01504/THAVD_KELLY_1504000f.jpghttps://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/971628_642121679148538_1881520216_n.png

Subject: Re: Jim Kelly, Martial Arts Actor... Exits the Stage at 67

Written By: warped on 07/01/13 at 7:15 am

I remember Jim from that film, sure.

Written By: whistledog on 07/01/13 at 6:19 pm

I only know him from that film

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/02/13 at 6:01 pm

I only know him from that film

Jim also starred in "Back Belt Jones", "Three the Hard Way" (with Jim Brown and Fred Williamson) and "Black Samurai", just to name a few.  His most recent performance was in 2009's "Afro Ninja".  8)

Written By: whistledog on 07/02/13 at 8:47 pm

Jim also starred in "Back Belt Jones", "Three the Hard Way" (with Jim Brown and Fred Williamson) and "Black Samurai", just to name a few.  His most recent performance was in 2009's "Afro Ninja".  8)

So what you're saying is that he wasn't typecast

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/13 at 5:55 am

So what you're saying is that he wasn't typecast

I always hoped thay'd make an original-cast Enter The Dragon II, where Jim Kelly could finally get to fight Bolo Yeung.

Since both characters died in Enter The Dragon I, the sequel technically would have to be written as a "prequel".

Maybe this film could still be made, using computer generated graphics. 

Check for new replies or respond here...