inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 'King of the Hill' actor Dennis Burkley dies at 67

Written By: ninny on 07/22/13 at 2:52 pm

Dennis Burkley, the character actor known for his work on TV's "King of the Hill," has died, his agent tells CNN. He was 67.

Burkley's agent, David Ankrum, says the actor died in his sleep late Saturday or early Sunday, at his home in the Los Angeles suburb of Sherman Oaks. A cause of death has yet to be determined.

Ankrum praised his brawny friend of more than 40 years, saying "Dennis could do both comedy and drama, and he had a tender side -- he didn't look it, but he did."

Burkley's recent TV roles included a stint on "My Name is Earl," and giving voice to several characters, including Principal Moss, on "King of the Hill."

Ankrum says the actor's favorite roles included a mute motorcyclist in "Mask," one of Kevin Costner's buddies in "Tin Cup," and working with James Garner on "Murphy's Romance" and Redd Foxx on TV's "Sanford." Burkley had more more than 130 credits in movies and on TV.
R.I.P Dennis 8-P
He died July 14 in his sleep of a heart attack.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/kathrynhopper/dennis.jpg

Subject: Re: 'King of the Hill' actor Dennis Burkley dies at 67

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/22/13 at 3:50 pm

I wonder if he was related to Elizabeth Burkley from "Saved By The Bell" and "Showgirls" ? ???

Written By: nally on 07/22/13 at 3:50 pm

I wonder if he was related to Elizabeth Burkley from "Saved By The Bell" and "Showgirls" ? ???

I don't think so; her name was Berkley.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/13 at 4:37 pm

I definitely remember him from Sanford And Son, I think he was a relation to Fred on the show. ???

RIP Dennis Burkley. :\'(  go have a party with Fred. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...