inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/13 at 7:08 am

The death of the legendary Grammy Award winning singer songwriter was announced on his Facebook page today.

“We’ve lost a great artist and a great person tonight. JJ Cale passed away at 8:00 pm on Friday July 26 at Scripps Hospital in La Jolla, CA. He had suffered a heart attack. There are no immediate plans for services. His history is well documented at JJCale.com , http://www.rosebudus.com/cale/ and in the documentary, To Tulsa And Back. Donations are not needed but he was a great lover of animals so, if you like, you can remember him with donations to your favorite local animal shelter”.

J.J. Cale was best known for the songs ‘After Midnight’ and ‘Cocaine’, covered by Eric Clapton as well as ‘Crazy Mama’ and ‘Call Me The Breeze’.

Born John Weldon Cale in 1938, Cale recorded 14 studio albums as well as his collaboration album with Clapton ‘The Road To Escondido’.

His last released recording was the song ‘Angel’ on Clapton’s recent ‘Old Sock’ album.

Subject: Re: J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74

Written By: ninny on 07/27/13 at 11:05 am

Just heard this on the news. R.I.P J.J :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/13 at 12:20 pm

Holy crap! What a sad loss.  I didn't see that one coming.
:\'(

Written By: nally on 07/27/13 at 12:29 pm

Just saw a post about this on Facebook. R.I.P. J.J. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/13 at 2:03 pm

He was the same age as Ray Manzarek.  :o

Written By: Howard on 07/27/13 at 3:49 pm

RIP JJ Cale.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...