inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lisa Robin Kelly, 'That '70s Show' Star Dead at 43

Written By: Claybricks on 08/15/13 at 3:26 pm

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/08/15/0815-lisa-robin-kelly-getty2-3.jpg

'That '70s Show' Star Dead at 43

Lisa Robin Kelly -- who played Eric Forman's older sister on "That '70s Show" --  has died ... TMZ has learned.

The 43-year-old actress passed away in her sleep Wednesday night at a rehab facility in California.

We spoke with Kelly's agent who tells us the actress had just voluntarily checked herself in for treatment for an alcohol problem this past week ... and was determined to clean herself up.

The agent tells us, "She had been fighting demons for a while and finally lost her battle."

Sources tell us Lisa had been in and out of rehab centers hoping to kick her alcohol problem ... and most recently fell off the wagon after a huge dispute with her estranged husband Robert Gilliam.

Sources say ... Kelly's estranged husband beat her last May to obtain residual money from her show. He was convicted of domestic battery last month and sentenced to 3 years probation. He also served 35 days in jail for the beating.

Lisa filed for divorce from Gilliam back in July.

We're told Lisa's new boyfriend brought her to rehab again on Monday ... but she went into cardiac arrest late Wednesday night and could not be saved.

The boyfriend blames her estranged husband for the relapse.

Sources connected with the attempted rescue tell TMZ ... when emergency responders arrived at the rehab facility, they found needle marks on both of Lisa's arms.

However, her BF tells us the reason for the needle marks is that he took Lisa to a hospital on Sunday -- because she had a .34 blood alcohol level ... and nurses made multiple attempts to insert a needle into her vein to extract blood. 

After several attempts, medical personnel were able to use a vein on the top of Lisa's wrist.

Kelly had been troubled for the past couple of years -- she was arrested at least 4 times in the past 3 years for DUI, spousal abuse and assault.

More photos & video....

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/that-70s-show-star-lisa-robin-kelly-dead-at-43/

Dan

Subject: Re: Lisa Robin Kelly, 'That '70s Show' Star Dead at 43

Written By: whistledog on 08/15/13 at 4:52 pm

She was hot.  This sucks :(

I liked her on that show

Written By: Katluver on 08/15/13 at 7:58 pm

That's sad news to hear.  :\'(
I knew she was having problems, yet I didn't think she was in such a drastic state...
I loved "That 70s Show", and enjoyed it even more when she had some lines.
RIP, Lisa Robin Kelly (aka Laurie Foreman)

Written By: snozberries on 08/15/13 at 8:24 pm

I thought she died 3 yrs ago...  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/13 at 11:54 pm

This is such a sad story.  I've seen people destroy themselves with alcohol like that, it's not pretty.  I wish something could have been done for her earlier.
:\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/16/13 at 3:15 pm

I liked her on That 70's Show. RIP Lisa Robin Kelly.  :\'(

Written By: danootaandme on 08/17/13 at 1:54 am

Jeez.....steer clear of Hollywood, it just ain't worth it.    :\'(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/17/13 at 11:14 am

You could have knocked me over with a feather at this. I totally flipped when Inside Edition reported this. t is so sad and I really liked her on That 70s Show. I'll miss her.

Written By: ninny on 08/17/13 at 11:16 am

Holy crap. RIP Lisa :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 08/17/13 at 1:51 pm

How sad. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...